SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Did Man Come Into Existence?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Did Man Come Into Existence? Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post

A bigger and better question may be, Why did man come into existence?

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#2 but so much more. We have mitochondria that are in each cell that could have been single cell organisms originally and we could not exist without the numerous bacteria that live in our gut etc. We are an evolutionary miracle that I find totally wonderful. It all started from that initial spark of life eons ago.

Posts: 73 | Location: Oceanside, CA | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
We were created through evolution...after God created evolution.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
SigMonkey is my daddy???? Big Grin

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#1. Creation seems to us to have fewer and shorter leaps of faith than the notion of evolution (at least as understood presently).

We trudge on.

Posts: 123 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
There can be only 1.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
#1 You can’t get something from nothing so somebody had to create us.

B. Russell wants to know ... who/what created somebody>

Personally I blame Trelane!
Ah, the chicken and egg debate...and before we hit the end of the first page.

That’s kind of the purpose behind God, God is not a created being. Evolution is getting something from nothing. So I vote 1 again...

Posts: 4075 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
#5 Smile

That had me laughing out loud! Too bad I fixed it and now nobody will get the joke.

H&K-Guy

Aww... Big Grin

Then my answer is #1 for the onset, and then mostly #2 since that time.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
God first.
2 second.
Aliens 3rd.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it is #1 and #1 only. There is no evolution in the bible. If evolution happened, why are we not finding all of the in betweens? As a Christian you either believe in God or nothing, as there is no Christian evolution. Genesis makes that clear.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Evolution, obviously and inarguably.

As to what started off everything in the beginning, I don't know, and neither does anyone else.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
why are we not finding all of the in betweens

We actually are. The evidence is there. You're not going to find every single in between. It'd be like looking at a picture of you every year. You can see the difference. Then look at one each month, each day, each hour. There are no noticeable differences in the short term, but over long terms, the changes are there, and evidenced.

I respect anyone's opinions and beliefs, but it drives me crazy when people misunderstand the science that does actually exist. In the scientific community, there is no debate on whether evolution has happened.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
2)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I wrestle with the concept of God. I'm like Thomas, I suppose - I believe, help me with my unbelief. As an engineer, I tend toward the explanations involving reason and science. But reason and science are not mutually exclusive of a belief in the supernatural.

One thing I have come to realize is that I tend to put God in a box - I create Him in my own image, I try to understand Him from my own ethnocentric point of view. Where, in reality, God is so much more than that and I have no chance of comprehending what He is.

Our understanding of God is like a mosquito's understanding of man. (Poor analogy, but it's all I've got off-the-cuff.) Depending on the mosquito, man is a source of food (the cosmic "Santa Claus"), an annoyance with his constant swatting and repellent, or the being that slaps him out of existence. In reality, the man has so much going on that the mosquito is nothing more than a small part of his reality. Think about it - if you think man is the only thing God has going on, then you have a very inflated view of man's importance and place.

So my answer is a combination of several of the choices.

I don't think I explained myself very well, so I think I'll stop now before I get myself into trouble.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Professor J. Roy Schwartz, one of the most stimulating teachers I ever had, gave a little speech one day in relation to a similar question.

Summarizing his brief response with a twinkle in his eye, he said his own working theory was Man's existence was "a fortuitous concatenation of circumstance", and our class goal would be to attempt to clarify personal opinions with diligence and critical evaluation of what brought us to that particular opinion.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#1 is my only answer. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
1) I believe it would be that God created us in his image.

2) 'Goo to you' doesn't work with Thermodynamics.
3) Laptop simulation wouldn't work because the batteries were made in China.
4) I'm not the only one in existence. I have to put up with the same assholes every time I go somewhere. I can't imagine them away.
5) Don't remember ridin' in an undocumented UFO.
6) There is only One (see options above).
7) I think the secret has been out for a few thousand years.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
God created us.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post