SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Did Man Come Into Existence?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Did Man Come Into Existence? Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
#1.

I doubt my understanding of God.
God does not doubt His understanding of me.

For that, I am grateful, and content that He is first in all things.

Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Eḥad
"Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is One."

Amen my friend Smile...the answer to all things!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
God (#1), with #2 (Evolution) as a possible mechanism. I don't attempt to probe the mysteries of God's mind -- how He went about it is His business.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
God (#1), with #2 (Evolution) as a possible mechanism. I don't attempt to probe the mysteries of God's mind -- how He went about it is His business.

flashguy

Makes sense to me. For God to tell us how He does things would be like a beginning first grader trying to understand advanced calculus.

Sidenote. I believe after we leave mortality we go to the next phase of God's plan. Years ago Stephen Hawking spoke at the college where I taught. He was a brilliant scientist, and a staunch atheist. He passed away a couple of years ago, I wonder if he is still an atheist.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I have no doubt that God created us, by whatever mechanism He chose.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the end of our journey, we go back to Him.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It took me quite a few years to finally decide what I believed. But I finally made the decision that it was God. That's my final answer.

I don't care how He did it, or when He did it. I care that he cared enough about me to send His Son to pay for my sins, so that I can have a home with Him and see many of my family and friends again.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Number one.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Created by nature/God.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#1 Nothing from nothing is nothing without God who created everything.

I had my patience tested... I'm negative.

Posts: 80 | Registered: July 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
#1.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pootie:
#1 Nothing from nothing is nothing without God who created everything.

Yep.

"Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'
You gotta have Somethin' if you wanna be with Me."

(somewhere in the book of Genesis)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've spoken to people who came to their position of atheism through their problems with various religions. For instance, unsatisfactory answers for the problem of evil and suffering. As frustrating and disturbing as these things can be a lack of answers can't justify a conclusion that there is no God or being who could create us. Personally, I find that it requires far more faith to believe in random evolution than creation by God.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:I wonder if he is still an atheist.

He's dead, Jim.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Why did God create me as an atheist? Jus wunderin'. ???Roll Eyes??? Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
#7.

Everything else is either a guess, a hope, or fear.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Numba 1

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post