SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man builds a pool with a "secret" room built into it:
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man builds a pool with a "secret" room built into it: Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted

https://youtu.be/H4pNQrZ9keA

I love this comment:
quote:
Starts Recording

“Ok Billy jump in there and start hitting the ground with a stick”

Stops Recording
Drives in excavator
Digs hole deeper

“Ok Billy you know what to do jump in there again”

Starts recording
Repeats

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Two questions....

1 - Why?
2 - Where's his permit box?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Thats a nice secret room, err coffin.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
That's some serious Bob Villa shit.
Or Gilligan's Island...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wait till he finds out how expensive maintaining a pool is.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Watching him make the pool made me tired. Who digs a hole 7 feet deep with a log, which you made by yourself too?

Cannot figure out if he intends to sleep there to stay away from critters, or to attract them with the water?

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
So he can afford a video camera, but not a shovel?

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Dude's got skills!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Yeah.....no rocks.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Yeah.....no rocks.

you mean this isn't how you made your back yard pond, Darth?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
There has got to be an easier way.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Yeah.....no rocks.

you mean this isn't how you made your back yard pond, Darth?

Let's just say my pond tried to kill me.... Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Uhmm... Ok.

Why?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Im at a loss here, but my guess is its a storage area that keeps out animals/bugs....and doubles as a pool?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
My guess is he is somewhere that is HOT, and it serves as an air conditioned room?

Looks like a hell of a lot of work, though.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm even more confused after looking at his YouTube page which says he is in the US and has other crazy pools and underground houses.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Not really a home, or a secret, either. It will take about five days for that “swimming pool” to have the appearance and consistency of split pea soup, unless the fresh concrete interferes with the growth of bacteria and algae. That was a lot of hard labor for a few views on Youtube.

Posts: 26903 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Really... the water will be green in a few days probably with things living, and dead, in it.. and I'm still trying to figure out with all the natural work... using a stick for everything and building it out of dirt and bamboo... where did he get the portland cement from and why would anybody expect it to stay water tight? I got to agree, one hell of a lot of work for one or two good swims.. and I bet the water was a lot cooler in the stream....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post