SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has Anyone Here Purchased a Firearm From KY Gun Co.?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Anyone Here Purchased a Firearm From KY Gun Co.? Login/Join 
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted
Or Grab a Gun?

Was your experience good, bad, or indifferent?

Google reviews seem to be all over the place.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brought a few from both no issues, great companies to purchase from.

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Grab A Gun worked very well for me, last year.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bought a few live in person from KY Gun Co., as they are within reasonable driving distance from me for a nice day out, looking/buying guns and lunch and/or dinner out.

I bought my VZ 2000 (VZ58) there and got a good deal.

I have and a few friends purchased several guns and accessories there and it has always been a good experience.

You might have to be a little patient sometimes as they are quite busy a lot of the time.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I bought a Sig from them last summer, after exhausting all my LGSs. Received the gun in four days. Everything went smoothly.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought one from K gun Co a couple years ago, had some miscommunication with the FFL license so it took a bit longer. Would not hesitate to buy from them again. ..

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've bought from both, with no issues.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I've bought from Grab A Gun in the past, have one on the way now. I've had no issues, just place my order and the gun shows up at my FFL.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
GAG has been fine over the years. However I'm charged sales tax so choose to buy out of state. Shipping is very fast.

KY, in my experience, usually has somewhat lower prices than GAG. Shipping on par with Bud's & a little slower than GAG.

Never an issue with either.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
KY gun, years ago, no worries, no drama

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
They are about an hour away from me, and I shop there often. I have bought numerous guns from them over the years, with zero problems.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only purchased from them once but they were great on price and prompt on shipping, plus they paid the shipping. Hard to beat that kind of service!

Posts: 516 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kent. Gun Co. is great. They have some of the best deals on the net.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are 2 minutes from my house. Every gun I've purchased has been from there, no issues at all. I just remember when they were a much smaller company, I avoid going in there now.. Just due to the crowd size.

Posts: 337 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problems for me with Grab a Gun or Kentucky Gun Company. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I bought a pair of P320s from them a couple years ago. Everything went smoothly and got a great deal as well.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grab a Gun transaction went smoothly for me.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Grab a Gun is good to go. Been purchasing from them for a couple years now.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
To add closure to this thread, I will respond to my own question. Absent any negative comments to either, I decided to order from the seller with the lowest price, which was Grab-A-Gun. My purchase went smoothly and was delivered to my receiving dealer in one week, which included a weekend. The gun was in perfect condition, so my first purchase from Grab-A-Gun was two thumbs up. No gotchas, or extra charges, or issues.

Thank you all for your replies.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'm looking at a CZ P-09 with threaded barrel, my LGS is discounting it to $550, FGE up in Daytona has it on sale for $519, both of those will have 6.5% sales tax plus fees added for 4473 check of $5. That would be $590 and $557 respectively.

Grabagun same CZ $469 plus $8 shipping plus $20 transfer fee from receiving FFL or $497 total a pretty significant difference.

Think I'll check out Buds and KY Gun Co

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post