SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am constantly reminded.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am constantly reminded. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
It is not the big things that matter.

It is not the big deals we make.
The money we make.
The status we try to achieve.
The success it appears we have made.
The house we reside in.
The car we drive.

None of that.

It is the little things we do.

At the time they mean little. They cost nothing. They are not worth money. The effort is minimal.
The planning and preparation are small. They do not involve lots of people. They are simple.

They are the things that really matter.

They make us successful, fulfilled and happy.

In the end the little things are what really matters.
In a lifetime what is most important is all those who were on the receiving end of all those little things. And that we recognized those times and and did the little things.

Spend "some time" doing the little things.

You will be glad you did. Because they really do matter.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reminder. Smile

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Truth. Thank you.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You never know, but the smile and kind word you gave to a stranger may have prevented a suicide. Heck, maybe a murder.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I agree wholeheartedly, it is amazing how much that means to the people not only on the receiving end, but also how great it makes those who give feel. Thanks for the reminder!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Excellent post ORC...Thanks for posting

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
So very true.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
So very true. Thanks for the reminder.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
We have it so easy that we lose sight of this too often. Thank you sir.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you ORC. And, we might not always be able to predict lifes storms, we can learn to dance in the rain. Read that on a sign in a small eatery in Carrollton, Ky.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me and my old lady adopted a feral kitten a few months back. She has experience teaching feral cats how to "cat" He's doing great.

Last Saturday I noticed he liked to carry paper balls I made for him in his mouth. I decided to attempt to teach him to fetch.

It's going great, costs nothing, and will impact no one. But damn if it's not one of the most fun things I have done in a long time. I had forgotten that simple things are some of the best.

A paper ball and a kitten.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Not to be a dick but members are also constantly reminded that vague thread titles are one of the owner’s pet peeves Wink

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
While not a little thing to be taken for granted, I add health to the list.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Amen. Thanks for the positive reinforcement .

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for reminder. Easily forgotten in the rush of the day.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post