SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Say, all you young people! Here's a thought for your day...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Say, all you young people! Here's a thought for your day... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Whether you are talking about "woke" BS, terrorism, or rioting anywhere in the world, it's almost always people under 25 spewing the BS because they think they have all the answers.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There are none so blind as the arrogant.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
As a 37 year old, I agree wholly with this assessment. I feel sorry for those after me that didn't get to enjoy the innocence and joy of being in an unconnected world, and spending your day exploring the world with friends vs. tiktok videos and youtube.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Thanks to one of those fuckers I’ve got to work overnights this weekend. Mad

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Yep, that's right, the old man who he claims throughout the year doesn't really know much of anything because I'm old. Ya might think that reality would soak in a bit, but it doesn't seem to. Wink

Tell him, "son, your old man didn't get to this age by being stupid..." Big Grin

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The only thing wrong with para’s post is that it isn’t in some place like...HuffPo, Cosmo, Slate, Vogue...

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.- Mark Twain.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Except for working the #%@#*! smart phone, I am smarter than my kids any day

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was amazing. The older I became, the smarter my Dad got.
Boy was he dumb when I was a teenager.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
We have to put some blame on the parents of today's youth.
I'm a "Baby Boomer". My parents and every parent of my generation had parents that lived through the Great Depression AND WWII. There parents also lived through the Great Depression and two World Wars,and without welfare or stimulus checks let alone UN-employment checks.
People had a whole different outlook on life.

Because many parents don't teach there kids values, I'm afraid we will be leaving it to the Chinese to teach them the reality of the World in the next 30 years.
I'm glade I won't be around to witness or live in those days. Too bad my kids and grandchildren will.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: armored,

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
They have no clue, zero work ethic and incredibly idiotic ideas about how "things should be". Pathetic. And they are unable to communicate effectively with other human beings, in person. Too much time spent texting and on social media.

We currently have job openings at my part time place of employment. My Manager can't fill them with anyone under the age of 40. Because they either don't want to do the work for $15/hr, can't pass a criminal background check, drug test or reveal their stupidity during the in person interview. Sad. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
One day about 15 years ago I looked back on myself 5 years earlier and realized how stupid I was then.

A moment later the real realization hit me that 5 years down the road I'd think the same thing about me today.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what transpired to cause it, but that's a damn fine rant, Para!

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
My Dad didn't know anything right up to the time I went in the Army.

By the time I got out, he'd figured it all out and was a great guy.

Same for me except it was The US Marine Corps. LOL

I was talking to my oldest daughter about how she's grown up so fast. Then it occurred to me I had already graduated boot camp and was stationed in Okinawa at her age. (young teenager)

She is leaving to go stay with my father for a couple months to take care of him and his house. Dad is in a wheel chair and lost mom a few months ago.

Should be a time for her to really grow and mature. Thankful that it was her idea.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm a boomer too. There is some evidence to support my belief that I did a half-decent job of raising my kids, now all in their 50's.

The one glaring exception to that claim is their financial acumen. Not ONE of them has the faintest clue how money works.

3 grandkids and we're batting about .450 One has his shit together, another is getting there @22 and the third...well...nobody bats 1.000

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Yep, your feelings don't and shouldn't override mine or anyone else's rights. I don't care one crappe about your tender snowflake feelings, but I fully support your right to beotch and complain...you just don't have a right to make me listen.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1164 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Idunno.

Maybe I am hanging out with a different crowd.

One of my buddies is a very respectable gentleman in his mid-twenties. He has fought and served well. Started an LLC last year on his own initiative and is currently looking into working in the oil fields. We (mostly him) are looking in to different markets to compliment his existing business. No, his dad doesn't have a business or live in the same state. Super nice guy. Loves his wife and kid.

Another buddy of mine has been working hard with lots of overtime and is about two years ahead on his mortgage. Early/mid twenties. Super guy. Follows up on everything he says he will do and is very dependable. Enjoys hunting when he has the time.

I know. I'm not saying that they are all like this by any means. Pick any generation and you'll find a miserable POS posthaste. As for me, I spend a lot of time building store displays and checking out the latest patent applications, when I am not at work, of course.

I enjoy the friendship we have and helping them out whenever I can.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It goes without saying that there are exceptions to everything and there are most certainly fine, decent young Americans who love their country, know its history and believe in its Constitution, and those kids are most assuredly exceptions to the current norm.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Once my kids hit 30, I suddenly got a lot smarter. 3 kids, one son and 2 stepkids. Both boys are Army vets and the smart one has a Phd in computational genetics and genomics. Everyone is over 30 and way over "woke"

Posts: 4012 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
It isn't the world we grew up in with Sheriff Andy Taylor and one bullet Barney running the show.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post