SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prescription Drug Pros - Manuacturing/ID Question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prescription Drug Pros - Manuacturing/ID Question Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Collins:
quote:
Pills are marked with a consistent size, color, and number specific to the drug for identification purposes regardless of manufacturer.

That is odd. I have several prescriptions for generics. From time to time, they will look completely different than the last time with the difference being the manufacturer.

I get a generic drug and the size and shape are always the same but the color of the capsules has changed a few times. I just assumed it was a different manufacturer. My prescriptions come with a description of what the pill should look like(colors and markings). The pills always match the info that comes with them.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can think of several drugs that are the same whether generic or brand. On the original container it will say "manufactured by" and then "distributed by". They even put it in the same bottle. Only the label is different but the drug is made in the same plant.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I just lost a battle with my insurance where they refused to accept my medical staff desire to keep me on the "name brand" drug vice a generic beacuse of heightened side effects from the later.

Their response was that the FDA rated the generic as A+ for efficacy which simply ignored the difference in BINDERS used by generics which can, as in my case, cause nasty side effects.

So the fact that a company may be licenced to produce a generic version doesn't mean that they are 100% identical. Active ingredients most likely but binders are a crap shoot.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
I always just do a web search with the number and or color and or shape of pill and receive a correct description. So far it has been accurate in doing so.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I know this won't help you much, but as soon as I read "Walgreen", I figured that was the problem.

After 8+ years, I did not walk, I ran out of that place. IMO, a company run by incompetent tools bought out by European gangsters. Not a good combo, and I predict it won't end well.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6400 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post