SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The wife and I...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The wife and I... Login/Join 
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted
The wife and I will be attending a wedding sometime this Fall...October or November. The date has not been set yet which led me to say...

Me: I don't know why they're having such a hard time with a date. Just figure out when she has her period and plan a date around that.

Wife: There's not a girl out there who's ever planned her wedding around her period.

Me: Bullshit.

Wife: Only you would think of something like that.

I say it's more common than she thinks, what say you?

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife did

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with your wife.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I'm on your wife's side. We got married a week ago today.stress seriously messes with that schedule, plus it's not a "it happens this day" thing. and the amount of time and work that goes into a wedding... they could be bleeding to death; thevwedding is going to happen

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
One would think that would be a consideration but some people don't put much thought into planning.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Hmm, depending on the intent to have children wouldn't the honeymoon be planned around the period? Or do newlyweds have at it frequently the first months?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Not having one has probably effected the choosing of a date more often. Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Agree with your wife. It has more to do with available venues and churches, I think.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5318 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
Well, DSgrouse's reply proved her to be wrong...at least one woman has. Big Grin

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I know about this topic is that my wife and I planned our wedding around her period. She began taking birth control pills 3 months before to regulate her monthly cycle. It worked like clockwork for us. Her sister followed the same plan a few months earlier with the same results. And this was 33 years ago. It can be done.

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig239dlehr:
All I know about this topic is that my wife and I planned our wedding around her period. She began taking birth control pills 3 months before to regulate her monthly cycle.

We did exactly that as well.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
It was 37 years ago. I barely remember the wedding let alone what it was planned around.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Ummm, OK. While I certainly open any thread that starts with "The wife and I", I usually only read them for entertainment.
Considering the topic, I can offer a short story. My wife was talking to one of her first cousins, and my wife's cousin told her a story (of many years earlier), giving an example of how great of a husband she has. It turns out that her period started on her wedding night. Soooo, their wedding night "celebration" had to wait for a few days. She said she was so upset, but her new husband was great about it. They've been married about 26 years now.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Not having one has probably effected the choosing of a date more often. Big Grin

Now that's funny - and likely true!

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
biggest considerations are Saturday, wedding venue, and reception venue schedules.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
?
Wife says no. I have no idea.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
October is a very popular month for weddings, it may now be second only to June.

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
What's it matter if she's on her period or not?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Sigman, it doesn't matter what people here say, whatever your wife says is right, if you differ, you are wrong. (Such has been true for me for the past 44 years ) Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post