SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Allstate announces Shelter in Place Payback

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Allstate announces Shelter in Place Payback Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted
Since we are all staying home and driving less there are less accidents and therefore Allstate is refunding/crediting their clients 15% of their premium for March and April...

I don’t have Allstate but wondering if other Insurers will follow suit..

https://www.allstate.com/

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6317 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Report This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting to see if my state will tell the school districts to give me a school tax rebate, seeing how the schools will be closed for 4-6 weeks.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
I'm waiting to see if my state will tell the school districts to give me a school tax rebate, seeing how the schools will be closed for 4-6 weeks.

For the Lord's sake, don't hold your breath!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I read some states have laws limiting the profit auto insurance companies are allowed to make since people are required to have it.

Posts: 2367 | Registered: October 24, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Esurance, which is in the Allstate family. I got an email saying the same thing.

ARman

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
I read some states have laws limiting the profit auto insurance companies are allowed to make since people are required to have it.

Well, that's ridiculous. No one is required to have auto insurance any more than he or she is required to own a car.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Any credit percentage in home/auto premiums will be dwarfed but the health insurance rate increases to cover this medical disaster.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4578 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:

Well, that's ridiculous. No one is required to have auto insurance any more than he or she is required to own a car.

Yes, but if you own a car (and register it/intend to drive it), many states (likely most) require you are to carry auto insurance.

That said, Fun Fact: Auto Insurance is actually NOT req'd by law in NH....Of course only a fool would not carry at least liability coverage though.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Yeah, another Wuhan Virus thread!! Whoo hoo!!!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We are down to 1 car, and a max of about 10 miles a week. According to my wifes work, we will be this way for the foreseeable future.

We have been trying to lessen the insurance costs for our 4 cars. There has not been much give. We will see how travelers plays this out.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
I heard this on Fox Friends news and they mentioned other companies are doing the same. So I called GEICO. Told them I TW and may drive four miles a week. They adjusted my payment for the next few months by a bunch. Then will re=evaluate in June.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14010 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Report This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
I just saw this while reading the news on my phone. I have Geico and the article said they were going to refund 15%.

But heck, I might call them also. I had not thought of it, but I travel for work. Usually drive about 25K miles per year. Now, well, I filled up my truck two weeks ago today. It is still at 3/4 of a tank. That works out to about 50 miles per week.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Is this the program that you load onto your phone and it tracks your movements and driving habits?

Allstate was desperate to have me lose it into my phone that they dangled a 15% discount at me. I refused of course because my loyalty to Allstate extends to my premium payments and that’s all.

Why would anyone willingly put themselves under surveillance.

I’m much more interested in figuring out how to legitimately lower my auto premiums to only what’s needed and no more.

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Jesse, because of the state of the world right now, yes, almost half the threads are virus related. It’s a sad fact. I can look down the page and read off many.

I would say this is a positive thread in the face of a shit situation for all. It’s not another negative we are all going to die thread. I’m happy as fuck to hear that the insurance company is giving back anything. It’s unheard of.

Hell, at this point, I’ll take anything positive. It surely beats the shit out of everything else I read or hear.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Report This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Company rig is self insured, so I'm sure the Risk department is happy. Not a word from personal and don't expect to hear one. But I'm going to ask.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:

Jesse, because of the state of the world right now, yes, almost half the threads are virus related. It’s a sad fact. I can look down the page and read off many.

I would say this is a positive thread in the face of a shit situation for all. It’s not another negative we are all going to die thread. I’m happy as fuck to hear that the insurance company is giving back anything. It’s unheard of.

Hell, at this point, I’ll take anything positive. It surely beats the shit out of everything else I read or hear.

Yep, it's on my car forums, on my car FB group, on my push alerts on my phone, convo with cashier at grocery store, TV, Radio, everywhere.

We have a YUGE thread here covering it. I'm sick of it.

It's not going to save me a penny, even if was I'd post in main thread or CV19 financial impact thread.

We are saturated with COVID everywhere we turn.

Should I start a thread every time a COV related thing happens in my life? I could post a half dozen or more a day just myself, or I could just post in the mega thread.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I would say this is a positive thread in the face of a shit situation for all.

It's not going to save me a penny

I'm grateful it was posted and not everyone dives into the mega thread and follows along; I'm going to call my insurer tomorrow. I feel you. Smile

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
quote:
quote:
I would say this is a positive thread in the face of a shit situation for all.

It's not going to save me a penny

I'm grateful it was posted and not everyone dives into the mega thread and follows along; I'm going to call my insurer tomorrow. I feel you. Smile

Why are you going to call your insurer?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
You are honestly asking the question. Capitalism in play. Looking for a break and why not?

Catch your breath man.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
You are honestly asking the question. Capitalism in play. Looking for a break and why not?

Catch your breath man.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis