SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chuck Berry has passed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chuck Berry has passed Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted
Chuck Berry passed away in his home, age 90.

"And he could play a guitar just like ringin' a bell."

One of the greats. Go, Johnny, go!

RIP Chuck Berry Frown

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...es-aged-90-home.html

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I saw him once in concert. Great show.

R.I.P. Mr. Berry! Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
He and James Cotton, billing together.

They gave us a lot of good stuff.

RIP, Gentlemen.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43883 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that is sad news - he gave us a lot of great riffs

another musical pioneer gone

RIP Mr. Berry

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Saw him in '72. Great showman. R.I.P. Chuck.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. a true legend

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
RIP

We all know where he got his sound from, though... Big Grin

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ragnar
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck for all those years of music.

Live every day as if it is your last, for one day you’re sure to be right

Posts: 752 | Location: Historic Southpark, Dayton Ohio | Registered: October 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
When I was young I didn't appreciate what a great guitar player, and pathfinder for rock guitar he was.
Rest In Peace, Mr. Berry

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Our daughter used to drive us crazy with this song. RIP

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He used to play occasionally in St Louis. While not in his prime, really glad I took my boys to seep him about 8 years ago.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScooterX:
He used to play occasionally in St Louis. While not in his prime, really glad I took my boys to seep him about 8 years ago.

I always wanted to see him at Blueberry Hill, never did for this reason. Also, the "I'll just see him next month." Next month never happened. I can still listen to him in his prime on my stereo though. RIP.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It hurts my heart that I never got to see him play. Him, and Lester Paulfus.

Posts: 17128 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Goodbye Chuck.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
The duck walk will live forever.

R.I.P. Mr. Berry

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
He wrote and sang much of the music of my youth.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another legend gone; thanks for your great contributions to shaping American music, RIP Chuck.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
His music was before my time; all I know of him was videotaping women in his club restrooms.

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The real king of Rock and Roll.

Thank you Mr. Berry and God bless.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
A professional musician that makes most of today's "talent" look like rich spoiled talentless children

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post