New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pensacola Login/Join 
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted
Ok, here's the deal. Have an opportunity to move to Pensacola for job. We spend, now, about one week a month down there now, relatives, friends and such, so we know what to expect weather wise. How about shooting shops, ranges indoor and outdoor? How far and how many 200-500 yard ranges? Also anything else to just say about the area, asked for and welcome...

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
There is an outdoor range on the freeway toward Mobile. There are several gun shops in P Cola. Weather is hot as heck in the summer, really June through September. But, good restaurants, good beaches, and lots of military. If you can get on the Naval Air Station there is an awesome aviation museum. Oh, and the Blue Angels are stationed there so they do an air show in town every year.

It is on my short list of places I would retire. I like San Diego better, but Pensacola is less expensive and has way better gun laws.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
1. Go eat at The Fish House
2. Choose Grits-a-ya-ya
3. You're welcome.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rekstrom:
If you can get on the Naval Air Station there is an awesome aviation museum.

You don't need a CAC to see the museum. Just enter through the West Gate, and tell them you are there to see the museum.

Leave your gun at home/hotel.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Santa Rosa Shooting Center is really nice. Styx River on I-10 that was mentioned has 200yd. Good private club. Indoor range in Pensacola and Gulf Breeze. Larry at Ammunition Sales is my go-to class 3 FFL.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Escambia River Gun Club is a pretty good private range that allows the things that typical ranges don't.
They have IDPA, etc there.
Only a little over $100 per year last time I was a member. I haven't been there in over a year.

ERGC

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post