SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    May Almighty God Bless The United States Of America
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May Almighty God Bless The United States Of America Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
The tribute logo you see at the top of the page- I wasn't going to put it up this year. There's so much going on in my life right now that served as a welcome distraction to push aside the pain of remembrance of a terrible day in this great nation's history. But then, I heard the pipes and drums at the 9/11 ceremony at the WTC memorial site, and it all came flooding back.
It's better this way, you see. It's better that despite my efforts to not turn back to those horrible days, that the memory of that time and of the innocent lives lost snatched me by the scruff of the collar and told me that I cannot, I will not, I should not forget.

My country, despite all her faults, is the most benevolent nation the world has yet seen, and may ever see. We are a marvelous experiment and while we now faulter in these tumultuous times and while we may fail, we cannot forget, not only the 3000 innocent lives lost, we also cannot forget all the men and women, through all the decades, who have made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our freedoms

May God bless the United States of America, its Constitution and its people. This, I pray.

"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -Abraham Lincoln addressing Congress, December 1, 1862

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this, Mike. God Bless Our Great Nation.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Amen

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that, Para!

I have seen that video many times, and never fails to bring me to tears!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
We need to remember. Everyone needs to remember.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
GOD bless you all, my brothers. Never forget.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
BEAUTIFUL rendition!! Stupid monitor...fuzzy again.

NEVER
FORGET

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So very True

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Para.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From 1775 until now, our existence as a republic is paid for in blood and sacrifice.
R.I.P. 9/11 victims and all who have made the sacrifices to keep us the greatest nation on Earth.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Indeed, never forget. Thank you for putting that up.

I was busy today but have spent the morning thinking of 911. The music is so appropriate, thanks for helping us take a few minutes to reflect.

We live in the greatest country and I will always remember the sacrifices from that day. The lives that were lost. Never, never forget.

God bless our nation and those who gave all that day!

Posts: 724 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen. God Bless The United States of America. Never forget.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Reading some of the disgusting comments online by people using today as another reason to rant on President Trump is disgusting.

Never forget and never forgive!

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's leave that out of it, please.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I was missing the graphic and thinking about it all day up to now.
God Bless every citizen in the USA and especially everyone who has fallen.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Amen.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Well said and Amen.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post