SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Combating Hatred and Extremism. What Is The Solution?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Combating Hatred and Extremism. What Is The Solution? Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You bring a thought provoking philosophical topic. We cannot by our own efforts eliminate the evil that is in us. And we cannot eliminate the evil that is outside us and is outside us because it was first in us. (Evil thoughts and words are the seeds of evil deeds.) Homo homini lupus is never so true as when man tries to redeem himself. The Communists murdered 100 million in the 20th century in an attempt to eliminate the evils of class conflict, war, and economic catastrophe. They broke a lot of eggs for a nonexistent omelet. Evil existed when man walked out of the garden after breaking Gods rules. If man cannot obey God’s law, how can he be expected to obey the ones created by man? In our efforts to create unity & equality, we’ve also created an imbalance. I believe that imbalance can only be restored by the almighty & Devine...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
While waiting for the trumpet announcing the Second Coming, though, it would help if everyone stopped voting for Democrats, because that’s where 99.9% of the hatred and extremism is coming from.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I can except that evil will always be a part of Satan’s world. I can even except that a certain small percentage of the populace will always exhibit hateful, even animalistic, violent behavior.

I will even go so far as to except that the solution starts at home, and that we combat evil every day by practicing a peaceful, accepting, even loving, attitude toward all of our human brothers and sisters, no matter who or what they are. In effect, we conquer evil by practicing what is good toward all. I’m fine with that. I live my life like that, in fact.

I simply can’t agree that there is nothing we as a human family can do better to improve our society. The idea of hatred and violence against your fellow man sickens the vast majority of us. There must be something humanity can do to curb or control the hurtful nature of the few.

Early detection? Identifying emotional and cognitive dissonance toward the suffering of others? Radically changing the education of our young ones to have deep affection for all? I don’t think anything like these things would work.

I realize humanity is never going to go hand in hand through life singing hakuna matata with everything producing rainbows and unicorns. Utopia is not a possible option. We will never be completely rid of evil in Satan's world.

There has to be some way, though, to improve our current new normal.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It begins with the concept of the family unit consisting of a MOTHER and a FATHER.....NOT Adam and Steve or Madam and Eve. The Demotards have fundamentally rid our society of the family unit.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
There have always been crazy, violent, evil people. There always will be.

We can try and lock up the worst, but some will inevitably slip through the cracks. To deal expeditiously with them is why we should always carry a gun.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
I would only bring out that some, even nonhomogeneous, cultures have far less evil people. I don't have any scientific data to support my feelings at this time, but I would guess Canadians are, as a whole, a less violent people than those in Wisconsin, who have created some very evil people.

Homogeneous cultures have less violence...to a point. That point is when conformity becomes oppressive, which results in issues like Japan and Norway, where people feel left-out, ostracized, suppressed, and the lashing-out/blow-back tends to be spectacularly violent. Both cultures are modern, 1st world, industrialized societies, however substance abuse and suicide are the great social undercurrent which conveniently gets minimized by Global Utopians. Canada and Australia, seem to be oceans of calm, they also have enormous amount of land in-between its population centers. Calgary is very different than Toronto, Perth is quite different than Sydney. The US used to have a lot of land, today, those margins are shrinking rapidly as we're now the forth most populace country in the world. Points of friction exist between cultures and races, some are compatible, others not so much.

There was a guy who tried to shoot-up a mosque in Norway. Right there in the article, the head of federal police attributes that "Many of the people who have right-wing attitudes share a violent mindset, but experience shows that very few go from word to action. Therefore, it is a demanding mission to capture and prevent those who have the ability and will to carry out attacks," Stoevold said. For their LEO, if you lean-Right or, have conservative attitudes, whatever they may be, you need to be watched.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The only solution is the one we won't consider

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post