SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Louisiana Bond Commission rejects Bank of America and Citibank due to anti-2A actions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Louisiana Bond Commission rejects Bank of America and Citibank due to anti-2A actions Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted
As the title says, Louisiana republicans standing up against these guys for their anti-gun stance. Don't know if it will get challenged in court, or pass muster, but I'm happy to see it.

"The State Bond Commission barred two of the largest banks in the world from participating in efforts to fund some highway projects in Louisiana because of firearms policies instituted after recent mass shootings.

On 7-6 vote, the commission excluded Citigroup Inc., the nation’s third largest bank, and Bank of America Merrill Lynch, the second largest, from participating in a $600 million plan to widen Interstate 10 in Baton Rouge and improve access into the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, along with a project in Shreveport.

State Treasurer John Schroder made the motion saying the banks’ restrictions infringed on Louisiana residents’ constitutional right to buy guns. “As treasurer and chairman of the Bond Commission it is one of my duties to help hire financial professionals and not necessarily social engineers,” he said..."

Link to full article:

https://www.theadvocate.com/ba...83-1b228a38c8d2.html

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I don’t see a problem. Louisiana isn’t obligated to include anyone they don’t want to. It’s good to see the anti-2A folks get burned for a change.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15570 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Its a start...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost didn’t go that way since Nungesser didn’t show up to the meeting

Alario is a dem for all practical purposes

I’m happy with anything that shuns JBE

I REALLY hope Kennedy runs for Governor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Good. Very good.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
one small step for us....

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
God Bless Louisiana!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Good for Louisiana.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Push back.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In California they’d set it up so those crappy banks would be the only ones to bid on the business. Good for the great state of Louisiana

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
When the Left steps on a rake, it should hit them in the face.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29693 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Well done, neighbors.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's hope this is an example that can be followed in the future.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bravo !

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Let's hope this is an example that can be followed in the future.

Perhaps the Federal government should make this a policy.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just one more thing that I like about Louisiana!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Great work LA!

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Go tigers

Posts: 1553 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post