SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I lost a friend to COVID suicide on Sunday
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I lost a friend to COVID suicide on Sunday Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Sorry to hear about your friend and neighbor.

quote:
COVID induced suicide

I have not heard of such a thing.
He was healthy enough to walk the dogs, but committed suicide because he tested COVID positive?
I'm sure that's not it. Probably lost his income and more.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this my friend.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss and will pray for the man's family.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sure that's not it. Probably lost his income and more.

That makes more sense.
This whole pandemic, and even more the reaction to it, has created so many problems.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I'll know more later but I believe COVID ruined his business.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's a tough one. My condolences, Artie.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear! My condolences sent. Unfortunately I think there will be more that take this route after their life businesses have been ruined by the shutdown.

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Sorry to hear about your friend and neighbor.

quote:
COVID induced suicide

I have not heard of such a thing.
He was healthy enough to walk the dogs, but committed suicide because he tested COVID positive?

I'm confused by this as well. It doesn't jive as sarcasm with the request for not responding with the standard cliches.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the sad news. Try to stay positive, don't let it drag you down as well.

Had an acquaintance do the same thing on Tuesday. He unfortunately shot himself and the family found him.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Prayers and good thoughts to both you and his family at this tragedy...sadly from doing a little research this is more and more common in this day and time Frown...please, if you are feeling that all this shit is getting to heavy to cope with please reach out to family and friends...remember Spector from a few years ago and how Sigforum helped him over a dark spot in his life...REACH OUT!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Artie, condolences sent to you and to his family.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
People who are fortunate enough to have not struggled with depression have NO IDEA how hard it can be. For many, it is the beast forever lurking at the door, waiting for that door to crack just a little so it can come in and consume the victim. Depression takes away a person's sense of hope. It convinces them there is no way out; no way life can ever get better; and convinces the victim there is no other way to escape the pain (and believe me, depression hurts worse than any physical injury).

The responses to this pandemic have shut down businesses, ruined people financially, and isolated many people who desperately need social interaction with others.

Reading the Covid thread, suicide hotline calls are up 600%.

Sorry for your loss, Artie. I don't have the words to express my sympathy.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences. I believe this is occurring quite often but is under reported.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this.
I will say a prayer this evening.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this Art.

Posts: 987 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
That is brutal Artie. My sincere condolences.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 236 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear of this tragedy.
I'll pray for your friend, that he may be at peace, and for you and his loved ones, tgat you may be comforted.

Runnin' and gunnin' (slowly..)

Posts: 98 | Location: Malta | Registered: July 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry, Artie. Like Hound Dog, I’m also lacking adequate words.

quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Reading the Covid thread, suicide hotline calls are up 600%.

This is the first thing I thought of. Artie’s friend is a victim of this lockdown, and sadly, I think there will be many more before we get back to any semblance of normalcy.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear of your loss.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear. Prayers for all.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post