SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I lost a friend to COVID suicide on Sunday
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I lost a friend to COVID suicide on Sunday Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear, prayers sent.

Posts: 3112 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. RIP. Untill you can walk a mile in the shoes of someone else you just do not know what demons they are dealing with. ...........drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Artie - my condolences to you and to the family.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss and I'll pray for the family he left behind.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Such an awful story to have to tell. My prayers go out for you and his family.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’m very sorry to hear this Artie. My condolences to the family. I’ve felt that pain numerous times.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear of this. It is so sad and even more so when it comes close to home. Condolences.

Posts: 516 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
What horrible news. Sincere condolences and prayers for you and his family and friends.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the horror. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Artie, I am so sorry. I can’t put into words how I feel about this.

To all of those that have never heard such a thing, I have worked multiple of these in the last 3 weeks. Three to be exact. It’s easy to blame this or that, to make excuses of bouts with depression, but the common denominator is the non stop, 24 hour a day fear being put out by politicians and the media. It pushes people who struggle to find hope over the edge. The non stop blitz of “xx” new cases and “xx” deaths kills.

And it hurts me deeply. The hurt it has brought to family’s. The pain and misery.

I’m so sorry.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
This is heartbreaking, Artie. I am so sorry.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Sad, very sad. My condolences to all of those affected by this tragedy. John

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear.

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Artie,
I'm so sorry, my friend... Frown

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My deepest sympathies to you and his family

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the grace and kindness expressed here. It does help.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
People who are fortunate enough to have not struggled with depression have NO IDEA how hard it can be. For many, it is the beast forever lurking at the door, waiting for that door to crack just a little so it can come in and consume the victim. Depression takes away a person's sense of hope. It convinces them there is no way out; no way life can ever get better; and convinces the victim there is no other way to escape the pain (and believe me, depression hurts worse than any physical injury).

The responses to this pandemic have shut down businesses, ruined people financially, and isolated many people who desperately need social interaction with others.

Reading the Covid thread, suicide hotline calls are up 600%.

Sorry for your loss, Artie. I don't have the words to express my sympathy.

Alot of truth in this post.

My condolences To Artie and the family.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.
A dreadful unintended consequence of the covid mess is a dramatic increase in mental health issues and tragic incidents such as this, in some studies up 1000%.
Much like illnesses related to 9/11 exposures in the recovery workers now killing more people than the original attack, we will see the ripple effects of this pandemic and consequences of the response for decades to come

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post