SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I lost a friend to COVID suicide on Sunday
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I lost a friend to COVID suicide on Sunday Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
I lost a friend and neighbor to COVID induced suicide last Sunday. He hung himself in his front yard. His wife found him after the dogs he was walking went nuts.

I'm feeling a bit lost.

ETA: COVID destroyed his business. I'm speculating that this is what pushed him over.

I can't know for sure what other demons he faced.

Please keep the "permanent solution to a temporary problem" and "most selfish thing you can do" comments out of this thread. I don't need to hear them right now.

God speed, Terry.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ArtieS,

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Condolences on the loss of your friend..

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your friend and neighbor.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. Terrible tragedy. My condolences to all concerned.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, RIP.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Sorry, that's an awful thing to hear.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
My sympathies to all.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
That is just horrible. I am very sorry that his family and friends are left to deal with the aftermath.

Prayers and condolences for all, and may they find the peace that your friend was not able to find.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sorry Artie.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Artie, has to be tough on his family and wife as well.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your friend and neighbor.

quote:
COVID induced suicide

I have not heard of such a thing.
He was healthy enough to walk the dogs, but committed suicide because he tested COVID positive?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry about your friend. My condolences to you and his family.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear this.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Saying a prayer for you and for his family.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read this, sorry for this family's and your loss, so sad.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
COVID induced suicide
I have not heard of such a thing.
He was healthy enough to walk the dogs, but committed suicide because he tested COVID positive?

I'm not Artie, but I'm just guessing this was shutdown/work related?

Sorry for the loss of your neighbor... Frown

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post