SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jon Jones failed his flipping drug test (UFC 214)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jon Jones failed his flipping drug test (UFC 214) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
I am SO pissed off by this.

Dana need to get his fucking house in order.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/...dent-dana-white-says

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jon's people are asking for the 'B' sample to be tested, which is prudent.

What I find interesting is that he is being defended by a teammate, said teammate currently serving a 5-year suspension for - among other things - biting his opponent several times. Not the kind of representation I would welcome were I in that predicament. Red Face

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Tragic

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
He's trash and they keep him around because he's a huge PPV draw.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
He failed for Turinabol and here is what my Google foo found about the steroid:
  • made infamous from the East German doping machine that doped its Olympic athletes '74 to '89.
  • is structurally altered form of dianabol which is one of the most popular steroids of all time.
  • is a Schedule III drug in the Controlled Substances Act. Per DEA's website, any Amount Of Other Schedule III Drugs for a first offense is not more than 10 yrs. If death or serious bodily injury, not more that 15 yrs. Fine not more than $500,000 if an individual, $2.5 million if not an individual.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    Jones has been a mess and has wasted the unlimited potential he has, but this time I'm highly skeptical.

Supposedly, he tested (post-fight) for steroids. He had been clean all the way through training camp up to weigh-in. THEN he takes steroids before fight night?!? They wouldn't even have time to benefit him, and he knew there would be a post-fight drug test.

He's shown himself to be wildly undisciplined, and he probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he knows enough about PEDs to realize steroids take weeks, not hours to work.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    TMat, he fights light heavyweight which has a 205 lb weight limit, and he typically weighs in real close to 205. He is likely a 210+ lb guy who cuts water to meet weigh in weight, and cutting water has been known to increase likelihood of something previously being undectected to be detected.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of crossroader
    posted Hide Post
    I'll wait and see. Great fighter, but not always a great guy. Maybe DC had him pegged all along.

As soon as the government gets your guns, they'll be back to take your Bible.

Posts: 440 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: March 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Video game developer Jon Jones being roasted on Twitter over the UFC Jon Jones testing positive again. Hilarious (unless your Jon Jones the video game guy) Wink

Twitter + bad UFC champ + wrong dude = Lots of hate

<><
    America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ice age heat wave,
    cant complain.
    Picture of MikeGLI
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Leemur:
    He's trash and they keep him around because he's a huge PPV draw.

And the greatest MMA fighter ever. But he's a piece of shit.

NRA Life Member
    Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    Not so fast, on the Jon Jones positive test... Jones passed blood test 24 hours after USADA said he failed he failed urine test

He's not in the clear, some say the steroid only shows up in urine, others that blood test is more accurate. Ultimately, he needs to have the B sample come in clean to put this behind him.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by TMats:
    Jones has been a mess and has wasted the unlimited potential he has, but this time I'm highly skeptical.

Supposedly, he tested (post-fight) for steroids. He had been clean all the way through training camp up to weigh-in. THEN he takes steroids before fight night?!? They wouldn't even have time to benefit him, and he knew there would be a post-fight drug test.

He's shown himself to be wildly undisciplined, and he probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he knows enough about PEDs to realize steroids take weeks, not hours to work.

Brendan Schaub was talking about this on a podcast and he talked with a guy who knew what the deal was.

Apparently the stuff he took makes you super super aggro for a short period of time and then leaves the system. It's been a dark secret in the fighting world for a while because there was no real good way to test for it and by the time you drew the blood after the fight, it was out.

The hang up with this was that a new test was made to pick it up in the urine and they didn't tell anyone about it.

This is my interpretation from listening to him relay a story another guy told him so YMMV.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Poacher
    posted Hide Post
    Why is there such a thing as USADA? Football, baseball, cycling, yada, yada, yada, all have governing bodies to police their sport. Why are my tax dollars going to this crap???

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post