SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Clemenza's gravy.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clemenza's gravy. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/jh13Xd2loto

It looks pretty good to me, except for the sugar and no oregano. How do you fix yours?

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think I must have every line of that film memorized.

"Mikey, why don't you tell that nice girl you love her? 'I love you with all-a my heart, if I don't see-a you again soon, I'm-a gonna die!'" Big Grin

And oh yes, I use a pinch of sugar.

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I watch it at least once a year-- around the holidays-- and I keep thinking "one day I'll get tired of it." So far, it's not even close. It's more like a beautiful piece of music-- I will never, ever, get tired of listening to Mozart or classic rock. It's a film with intricate rhythms, themes and sub-themes, crescendos, and counter-point (the intercut Catholic mass and the brutal hits).

One of my grandmother's rules, passed along to my mother, and to me: any time you use tomato paste you need to add a bit of sugar. Tomato paste is bitter.

And absolutely right, Jim, it's "gravy." We never called it "sauce." And "macaroni" not "pasta."

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post

I use the certified San Marazono: no need for sugar. Yes, you can tell the difference.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
"Aw Pauli, won't see him no more." Eek

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
San Mariano! At least someone here has paid attention to their mother Big Grin

However, the pinch of sugar? Instead of sugar use a cheap sweet wine. The sugar in the wine will neutralize the acidity and add another flavor.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Agree, gravy and macaroni, that's what I got from my Sicilian ex wife :-)

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post