SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And don't forget, boys and girls- a firearm has NEVER been used by a private citizen to fend off an attacker
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And don't forget, boys and girls- a firearm has NEVER been used by a private citizen to fend off an attacker Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
NEVER. Right, Geraldo? Riiiiiiight....

Man facing charges after punching Starbucks employee in attack thwarted by licensed gun owner, authorities say

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
The shooter did what was necessary to stop the threat. Perhaps he should polish up his marksmanship, or tactics.

At least a double-tap would have been called for.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
“I never would have expected that from him,” Hamilton said. “He just seemed like a very meek guy. So I was surprised, but also very grateful. I was very grateful that he was there. And I was glad it was somebody we see regularly so that hopefully, in the future, I can thank him.”

The gray man lives.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Only cops need guns? Right?

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
From the article:
Overall then “aggressively approached” a customer who happened to have a concealed weapons permit...
Like he just found it lying on the sidewalk. No, he had a permit, which he applied for and was granted, so that he could legally carry a gun to defend himself.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

In Portland there is a movement to disarm the cops.

They think that if cops had no guns, somehow less people would be shot.

I'm not joking.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

I'm not joking.

Well, Portland has become the San Francisco of the north. All those liberal hippy assholes getting tired of living in those shit hole enclaves in Kalifornistan. They move up north and immediately begin recreating what they ran away from down in Kalifornistan!

Maybe they will continue their exodus into Western Canada where they may fit right in, given the leadership there.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
“I give kudos to the guy who shot the man in the chest,” the employee told KUTV.

Ahhhh...the correct response rather than the often heard, “why couldn’t he have shot him in the leg?” nonsense.

Good shoot, gray man.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
^^^
That's the difference between a liberal hearing about an attack and a liberal being attacked.
Razz

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can see me doing the same thing in that situation, but like someone said before, with a one for the road added.

Good shoot.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully their experience will help some Starbucks get 'woke' to the whole self-defense / 2A thing, since now they know, first-hand, when seconds count the police are not going to be there to help you.

It may be an un-fair and stereotypical characterization, but it's my impression that most Starbucks employees are not pro-2A or even pro self-defense. Could be different in Utah and elsewhere of course.

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm not joking.

That border wall needs to turn north where Arizona hits California, then follow the Cali-Oregano-Wash state lines all the way to Canada.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
quote:

I'm not joking.

That border wall needs to turn north where Arizona hits California, then follow the Cali-Oregano-Wash state lines all the way to Canada.

I think you forget far too fast of all the majority of red counties in those states. In WA state there is no state tax, the state’s 2A rights supersede any county or municiple restrictions, and honestly only 1 or 2 Counties are all blue.

We have “grey men” as well who don’t bend over and show their asses.

I’ve done work for Multnomah County and I’d agree it’s all fucked up. King County too. Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Well, looks like someone's got free coffee for a while.

And to be more specific about Portland, they are trying to disarm PSU campus police, not the entire Portland police department. Although I'm sure they would like to go that far.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm not joking.

It is the rainbows and unicorns theory of policing.

You know - you put less negative energy out in the world, so the world will return less negative energy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Coffee for free??? He'll probably get a lifetime ban from any Starbucks anywhere.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was suprised that I didnt see more comments regarding Starbucks all inclusive homeless welcoming dont need to buy just show up policy. Seems like, and my memory may be a little foggy, I recall a prediction or 2 along these lines. Any mention of the nut being a regular other than "A restaurant employee who works next door to the Starbucks said the area has a problem with transients."?

Posts: 132 | Registered: December 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Some campus police in Washington are unarmed. Liberalism is insanity.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm not joking.

Not all police, just the Portland State University police (college campus cops).

I can't speak to their training, but one thing that bothered me about arming them (when the issue came up years ago, back when the did not carry sidearms) was that PSU cops aren't answerable to the general populace. They work for the University, which while public, places a lot of layers of accountability between them and the public, unlike normal police.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
quote:

I'm not joking.

I think you forget far too fast of all the majority of red counties in those states. In WA state there is no state tax, the state’s 2A rights supersede any county or municiple restrictions, and honestly only 1 or 2 Counties are all blue.

We have “grey men” as well who don’t bend over and show their asses.

I’ve done work for Multnomah County and I’d agree it’s all fucked up. King County too. Wink
Plus, if that were done there would be no West Coast to our country in the lower states--the farthest west naval port would be in Texas, and no direct access to the Pacific Ocean except Alaska..

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post