SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anti-Trump London Mayor Sadiq Khan under fire for 'pathetic' response to crime surge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anti-Trump London Mayor Sadiq Khan under fire for 'pathetic' response to crime surge Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
I sincerely hope this clown's PC views, Muslim favoritism, and general mismanagement of London are finally catching up to him. Europe desperately needs some severe housecleaning and this would be a great place to start!

London Mayor Sadiq Khan is under increasingly heavy fire from his predecessor, residents and even President Trump over rising crime in the city – though Khan says police cuts from the Conservative government are to blame.
Boris Johnson, the former mayor who recently resigned as U.K. foreign secretary, tore into Khan in a recent Op-Ed for The Daily Telegraph for glamming it up at movie premieres while crime spirals out of control.
“Sadiq Khan may be a twinkle-toed mover on the movie premiere red carpet, but his pirouettes on the subject of knife crime are a positive wonder. He blames funding (when he was left with a large war chest by me); he blames the Tory Government; he blames society. He blames everyone but himself, when it is his paramount duty to keep Londoners safe,” Johnson wrote. “It is a pathetic performance.”
Johnson quit just hours after Brexit Secretary David Davis stepped down; the two men said they could not support Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit plan.
Johnson is the latest high-profile figure to dive into the debate over London crime. During his trip to the U.K. earlier this month, Trump doubled down on his long-standing feud with Khan, an outspoken Trump critic.

“You have a mayor who has done a terrible job in London. He has done a terrible job,” Trump said in an interview with The Sun, blaming Khan on both terrorism and crime. “I think he has done a bad job on crime, if you look, all of the horrible things going on there, with all of the crime that is being brought in.”
As of March, London accounted for 17 percent of all recorded crime in England and Wales in the year prior, as well as 42 percent of all recorded robberies. A third of all knife crime took place in London as well.
London temporarily overtook New York in the number of murders in early 2018. In February, London’s police investigated 15 murders while New York saw 11 homicides. In March, the Metropolitan Police murder numbers increased further to 22, while the NYPD’s jumped to 21. New York has since recorded more murders.

London also is facing a rise in acid attacks, skyrocketing by more than 78 percent over the past two years, with 465 such offenses in 2017, up from 260 in 2015, according to police figures obtained by the Evening Standard.

'I can’t remember the last time I saw a copper walking the streets along here.'

- London local Pat Mackie
There is little disagreement that rates have been on the up for years in the nation’s capital and Khan has been the focus of much of the resulting ire. In June, he was blasted at a town hall by a hostile crowd unhappy with the rising crime in London since he took office.
“There are no bobbies on our street, Londoners don’t feel safe, our communities don’t feel safe,” a resident shouted at a recent town hall event.

“You give me statistics Mr. Khan, but for me as a parent, I’m telling you, we do not feel safe. We do not feel safe in London and we want you to do something about it!”

But Khan has responded by noting that violent crime is rising across England and Wales as a whole, and has blamed Prime Minister Theresa May’s government, and that of her predecessor David Cameron, for cutting police funding.

“It’s no coincidence that violent crime has steadily risen nationally within a few years of the 2010 election when investment reduced,” he said in an article for The Independent in response to Johnson’s broadside. “Cuts really do have consequences.”

He argued that police numbers are now below 30,000 for the first time since 2003 and blamed “an absent home secretary and a prime minister distracted by Brexit” for rising crime levels.

London residents who spoke to Fox News this month were unanimous that crime is escalating in various parts of the capital, but were mixed about where the blame falls.

“It’s gone diabolical,” Gerry Lewis told Fox News, adding that crime -- particularly knife crime -- had gotten worse, with many calling for the re-establishment of so-called “stop and search.”

“They need more ... police search. I think they are too soft, I really do, they’ve got to crack down on it, it’s as simple as that,” he said.
Benyam Tadewse, a cab driver, said his windows have been broken twice. He blamed the government, not Khan.
“You can blame the mayor but it is not only the mayor’s problem. If he doesn't have the budget, what’s he going to do?”
Others disagreed. Pat Mackie, wearing a Tottenham Hotspur F.C. cap, was particularly blunt in his criticism of the mayor and appeared to endorse Johnson’s criticism that Khan is more interested in turning up to glitzy events than fixing London’s problems.
“The man is a despicable, two-bob w---er. He’d turn up for the opening of an envelope, that geezer,” he said.
Raymond Arroyo joins 'The Ingraham Angle' to share a wrap up of 'seen an unseen' cultural stories.
He also blamed Khan and other politicians’ emphasis on political correctness, a rise in crime committed by Muslim immigrants and also the replacement of police officers with Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs).

PCSOs, introduced in 2002 across the country, have limited powers compared with regular police officers and are frequently mocked as “plastic bobbies” for their ineffectiveness.
“I can’t remember the last time I saw a copper walking the streets along here,” Mackie said. “You had the PCSOs for a while, but they don’t know their a-- from their elbow.”
Andy King, drinking in a pub in Hackney, told Fox News that while he recognized there were cuts, he noted that under Khan, the police have introduced a “hate crime” unit with 900 dedicated officers that King says could be used for fighting crime instead.

He says that while he lives out of the city, he works within it and notices the effect it is having on Londoners every day.
“It’s clearly worse,” he said about the crime situation. “People are scared.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-to-crime-surge.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
London,you voter that sob in and bought into that political correctness.
You apparently never read any history books on the muzy invaders from previous centuries.
Get control of your selves before you loose your country

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
But look at how virtuous they are, 45 Cal.

Ain't you impressed? Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
“It’s no coincidence that violent crime has steadily risen nationally within a few years of the 2010 election when investment reduced,”

There's another 'coincidence' that suggests itself since 2010 as well, mayor.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Problem, too few will connect the flash with the bang.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
But look at how virtuous they are, 45 Cal.

Ain't you impressed? Razz

We have democrats here that want he same for us or worse.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Someone educate me....WHY the acid attacks?

Is this a purely Middle East or a muslim thing?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Try stamping out your Muslim rape gangs, Sadiq Khan, you miserable aider and abeter.

That'll change the statistics.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Maybe they'll make a balloon for him.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

Yes, if a Muslim divorces a wife, maybe she can remarry and have a life.

If he divorces a horribly disfigured wife, her future is as a beggar.

The same is true for single women who spurn men who believe they are entitled to her.

It's expanded into a way to show you are a bad ass Muslim.

By disfiguring western women, children....

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
It's okay. "It's the new normal".

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's estimated that hundreds of women in the Middle East fall victims to acid attacks every year. It appears that this is an accepted practice by male adherents to "The Religion Of Peace" as a means to deal with immodest women. Blanket multiculturalism in action.

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

Yes, if a Muslim divorces a wife, maybe she can remarry and have a life.

If he divorces a horribly disfigured wife, her future is as a beggar.

The same is true for single women who spurn men who believe they are entitled to her.

It's expanded into a way to show you are a bad ass Muslim.

By disfiguring western women, children....

To further expand, cultures which have a caste system this is an issue. Along with Arabic cultures, it's much more prevalent in South Asian cultures: India, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Nepalese. These societies have social formalities which are alien or, anachronistic to Western and many Far Eastern cultures; dowry disputes, social humiliation and sexual jealousy are prominent causes as women/children are valued in the least, as sexual/reproductive vessels or, in the case of kids, the bearers of that family's lineage.

The UK has a high number of immigrants from South Asia, understandable as that area was a former colony. As a Western country, social statistics are kept and widely utilized, and the UK arguably has the greatest number of incidents of acid attacks anywhere.

UK has one of highest rates of acid attacks in the world, police reveal

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Despite the rise in crime rates the mayor will be reelected by the residents of London. Stupidity, liberalism, political correctness and the desire to be viewed as enlightened dictate Londoners reelect Kahn when the time comes.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My visits to the UK have shown me that while many people voice their anger towards this invading “horde” privately, they wouldn’t voice this publicly due to the repercussions from the Orwellian thought police that stalks that country. It’s sad how a country that had some of the greatest levels of freedom in the world is literally pissing it away, all within a generation or two.

Posts: 25 | Location: As far from Trudeau as possible | Registered: July 18, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm sure Sir Winston is rolling over in his grave. Like you said...sad to see the demise of that once great country that believed in freedom at all cost.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post