SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Insane Motorcycle using Ski Jump video
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Insane Motorcycle using Ski Jump video Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Balzé, passing a SUV on a double yellow while on a bike. How squidly of you. Razz Cool video, that looks like fun! One of the best days of my life was cycling down Haleakalā.

That was a double yellow, wasn't it...oops.

That road, though the condition of the surface looks like crap, is actually not bad for descending. It has long steep straights, wide corners, no potholes in the middle of the road, usually little traffic, and you can pretty much see the entire length of the road even when going around the corners. So yeah, good fun. It's a nice reward after a challenging (albeit relatively short) climb.

quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The road is 9-11% gradients.

Pretty cool. Have you done the Ultimate Challenge? I came down there summer of '15 and paid good money to let it kick my butt. Nice scenery!

I have not. I do plan on it one day though. It always seems though that I'm either away from home or just not at the fitness level that I want to be at that point in the season. It's not exactly ideal to go straight to over 7,000ft and jump on a bike and do 100 miles after a month on the ship if you know what I mean. One of these days I'll just have to suck it up I guess.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post