SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Insane Motorcycle using Ski Jump video
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Insane Motorcycle using Ski Jump video Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Heck of a jump, Robbie Maddison is a good rider and he gets some serious air coming off that ramp. Guess we found a new use for Olympic ski jumps in the off season.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHBz-h4m7Sg

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd ask "why" but I already know that there is no valid answer for this kind of nonsense except pure ego.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bobsled track looks like a new red bull series for sure

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jersey name says it all. "Maddo"

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a Subaru STI doing it in the snow on a bob sled run.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/f...un-in-a-car/?ref=yfp

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Not too big a deal as long as he landed before the slope ran out. If he had landed on the flat it would have been ugly.

Skiers do the same jump without the shock absorbers the bike had.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
showoff

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
showoff

Big Grin

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Falling with style....

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's Utah Olympic Park in Park City, just down the road from me. I ride my bike there quite often. The road up to the main entrance has a nice steep gradient. Not a chance you'll ever see me going down that slide though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
The moto equivalent of wingsuiting. No thank you. I prefer my bones intact or broken rather than pulverized.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I'd like to know is where does a guy purchase these tires that shift from road tires to off road tires by doing a stoppie.

The bobsled run would be kind of cool to do on a bike. The ski jump takes a special kind of crazy to pull off.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stood at the top of the giant slalom in Lake Placid 30+ years ago, during my death defying years, and could not fathom how anyone would dare to go down that thing on a pair of ski's or anything else!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Bust Big!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Not all that interesting, I know, but this was me descending on my road bike down the road that leads up to the entrance to Olympic Park. It's the same road that the rider in the OP video was seen first riding on. The road is 9-11% gradients. The video starts when I'm already a quarter of the way down; you can see the ski jump at the very beginning of the video in the background. Beautiful area.

When I pass the SUV I'm doing over 50 mph.

By the way, I apologize for the sound. It somehow got screwed up in the transfer. I recommend muting it.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/eKq40WeyFFk

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Balzé, passing a SUV on a double yellow while on a bike. How squidly of you. Razz Cool video, that looks like fun! One of the best days of my life was cycling down Haleakalā.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The road is 9-11% gradients.

Pretty cool. Have you done the Ultimate Challenge? I came down there summer of '15 and paid good money to let it kick my butt. Nice scenery!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Boring.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mas4363:
Here is a Subaru STI doing it in the snow on a bob sled run.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/f...un-in-a-car/?ref=yfp

Did you watch the video? He crashed the car down the course. I'm sure some skill was involved, but he was literally wedged between two blocks of ice the entire time, them got lucky he didn't flip over...

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
I bet that guy has a really sweet collection of flat-bill hats.

Just kidding, Robbie can ride like nobody's business.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post