SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tracfone is offering deals on phone upgrades.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tracfone is offering deals on phone upgrades. Login/Join 
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted
Have any other Tracfone user been notified of a need to upgrade your phone? My wife has an old LG smart phone we got about 6 years ago and I’ve been happy carrying a little flip phone. However, Tracfone just sent us a notice that they are upgrading their network so we need to get newer phones.
Don’t want the latest and greatest, but would like to update and have text capability. No need to surf the Net.
We would like to stave off obsolescence while keeping the cost down. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with the Galaxy J3 Orbit and like it. Easy to set up and use and it's fast response. You can find them on TracFone site and also Ebay and Amazon for about 60 Dollars.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Pretty much every phone has web browsing now, texting, email, and other features so excluding a phone because you don't want to use something is getting harder, since 99.9999% of the folks wanting a phone want or need some of those features.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I have an old, dumb, Alcatel tracfone from 2014 I use for very short communications, voice or text only.
Not sure if that helps but I have not received any emails about upgrading.

Posts: 7351 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Well, Satch, I’m with you. After an hour and a half on the phone with someone from who knows where, I decided to try a J7. Hope we won’t have to replaced it for a while.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
I have an old, dumb, Alcatel tracfone from 2014 I use for very short communications, voice or text only.
Not sure if that helps but I have not received any emails about upgrading.

The end of this year when G5 kicks in many smartphones won't be able to handle the information coming in. The same just happened with my router for my Computer.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post