SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your favorite Christmas carol?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite Christmas carol? Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
I think mine is We Three Kings, but O Holy Night comes in a close second.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The Sound of Silence.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
God rest ye merry gentlemen

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Sleigh ride

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
All Christmas music is overplayed to the point of annoyance. Therefore, my favorite goes like this:

(That last part's really good. Big Grin)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Mary Did You Know?

Here's a good acapella rendition of it:

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
My 19 month old's favorite is Chuck Berry's Run Rudolph Run, we play it about 20 times at lunch alone!!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Hard Candy Christmas - Dolly Parton.

Or Christmas Wrappings - The Waitresses.

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Does the Hershey's kiss commercial count! Smile
The promo has aired every holiday season for 28 years.

And that reminds me. I haven't seen the Norelco christmas commercial in a long time, do they still run any?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I'm a Christian so I like REAL Christmas music, not just winter weather music. Holy Night is mine.

This isn't here nor there, but I like Little Drummer Boy even though it isn't an historical account of the Christmas story. Even so, I just LOVE the idea of the baby Jesus being happily entertained by a poor child's gift of his drumming by smiling at the child performing for him.

I know the majority don't see Christmas as a celebration that the Lord Jesus has come into the world, but I do. I'm wasn't above perpetuating the myth of Santa to the little ones and singing all of the winter weather songs in my earlier life, but I try to move away from all of that as I mature as a Christian.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1171 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Little Drummer Boy!

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I can hardly tolerate most "Christmas music" but this one strikes me as pretty bueno:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q5n6X9sUznI

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
O Come O Come Emmanuel. I love the ancient melody.

It is technically an Advent hymn, but I won't split hairs.

I also like "I Saw Three Ships." And "Silent Night," but in German.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Dominick, the donkey

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I definitely prefer religious-themed Christmas music, though I do like many of the standards.

My favorite Carol... I think Silent Night is pretty perfect, lyrically, but I love the melodies of O Come, O Come Emmanuel and What Child is This.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The best to belt out when caroling would be Good King Wenceslas and I Saw Three Ships

In church, Hark! the Herald Angels Sing and Stille Nacht, of which the latter I can still here my long dead grandparents singing.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:

This isn't here nor there, but I like Little Drummer Boy even though it isn't an historical account of the Christmas story. Even so, I just LOVE the idea of the baby Jesus being happily entertained by a poor child's gift of his drumming by smiling at the child performing for him.

One of my favorites too. I especially enjoy the Jars of Clay rendition.

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I definitely prefer religious-themed Christmas music, though I do like many of the standards.

My favorite Carol... I think Silent Night is pretty perfect, lyrically, but I love the melodies of O Come, O Come Emmanuel and What Child is This.

My top three also. Smile

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The version of Silent Night sung by Michelle Moyer. Very moving.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post