SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Interarms PPK sells for $1550
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interarms PPK sells for $1550 Login/Join 
posted
I want to buy a Walther PPK but the Ulm/West Germany models have become very expensive so now I have been looking at the US-made Interarms models on Gunbroker. Nice stainless 380 acp pistols typically sell for around $600-650 but a rare 32 acp version just sold for an amazing price of $1550. Almost all the US-made PPKs have been in 380 and apparently Interarms only made a version in 32 for one year so it has become highly desired by collectors.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/868068509

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s crazy. Granted mine is an 80’s Interarms PPK/S but still. While I love the gun for many reasons, one of those reasons isn’t that it is great. It’s not. It’s finicky with ammo, has the most atrocious DA pull I’ve ever owned on a gun. Minimal sights, minimal capacity. It’s iconic. It’s not a very good gun compared to the options available today.

I will never get rid of mine but every time I shoot it I’m reminded why I don’t shoot it more often.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like PPK's, take a look at a Sig P-232.

Awake not woke

Posts: 567 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Yep, the Sig P-230 or 232 is so much better than the Walther it is almost shameful

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can find a S&W version of the Walther, don't even bother. I had always wanted one due to being a James Bond fan and the gun was terrible. The frames edges needed to be dehoned and the trigger pull was the worst I have ever felt on a gun,very heavy and gritty.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, the heart wants what the heart wants, but that's not a Walther.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a 1967 W. German marked PPK in .32 ACP. It looks like it was carried a lot or not stored well because the finish is heavily worn, but was priced accordingly at $600. I'm happy to have it because I wanted an original PPK but not for the prices mint condition ones are bringing. There may be other guns that fit a similar niche, but the PPK is an icon.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, now that's a Walther. Wink

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, the heart wants what the heart wants, but that's not a Walther.

I highly concur and didn't mean to dissuade the op. I just mentioned it as he stated the price of the original and sometimes we will buy a clone thinking it is close to what we want, only to find out it is not even close. Unfortunately, I have bought a few things like that thinking I can get something close,(clone), as I didn't/couldn't afford the real thing and wound up regretting it later.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
I recently picked up a 1967 W. German marked PPK in .32 ACP.

circa 1981 I too had to have the same model. Besides the comments of "finicky with ammo, has the most atrocious DA pull I’ve ever owned on a gun. Minimal sights, minimal capacity".....I found the one I had to be rather pudgy for a 32 acp. It was satisfying for a while, until I did a study of what it could do (or NOT do) to water filled milk jugs at 30'; traded it off shortly after my Amazing Discovery.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has a very nice DA and SA trigger. But 32acp is what it is, no matter what is shooting it.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.32acp is the best acp.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Damn. I've got an Interarms PPK in .380, but it belonged to my grandfather and then my father so the only way it's going to someone else is in my will.

Posts: 6344 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a stainless, American-made PPKS in .380 back in the mid 90's. It was crap.

My wife used it to qualify for her CCL. It left her right hand bloody and she has tiny hands.

One day while I was shooting it, the decocking/safety lever just broke in half and fell away when I fired it.
Looked like poor casting. Shit-canned it.

In contrast, I had a like NIB German import PP .380.
It was scary accurate, like shooting a rifle. One of the finest semis I've owned. I was a total fool for parting with it. Can't remember why.

Posts: 42 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: July 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post