SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain Your Handle
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain Your Handle Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
My 1st Sig, back in the 90's, and what brought me here.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of TMan226
posted Hide Post
First name initial, first three letters of last name, and first Sig pistol.

"Don't say a prayer for me now, save it til' the morning after".

Posts: 464 | Location: O.C. SoCal | Registered: December 23, 2009Report This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i got side_shot from playing fighter ace online it was my signature kill shot. I eventually joined Warmachine squadron and changed it to vendingmachine i miss that game it was a lot of fun Big Grin

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Report This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
need another sig

Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
In my signature below are two Rottweilers in a picture with our matriarch yellow lab/mastiff mix. He was a show dog in AKC and ADRK (German style) shows. My sister also owned a Rottie. One day at a family get together my dog was getting into trouble of some sort and she said "Hades is a Rotten dog, a Rottenweiler, and your a Rottendad. When I was signing up for dial up AOL I needed an email address that wasn't taken. Rotndad stuck out and definitely wasn't taken.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I like BOSS 302's - I tried for BOSS302, but it was taken, tried a few others 12 BOSS related until I found one not taken.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksgmCctUHho

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjzMhaoi9c0

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqFo-bBjyvE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boss_302_Mustang

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
My given name is Michael, and I have had a USCG Merchant Mariner's Master's license of one kind or another for 31 years.
Super original.
It's my user name on several forums, and what most of my friends in the "real world" call me.

I get your handle - makes sense. What the hell does your location mean? It's been driving me nuts for a long time. I get the FL/GOM being a Florida native. I just cant figure out the "danger semi-circle" part out. I'm sure I'll feel like an idiot when you tell me. Big Grin Feel free to email me privately if you don't want to disclose it here for OPSEC reasons. The only guess I ever came up with was hurricane/cyclone winds.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Report This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
I have never understood what my forum name means.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Just an old Academy nickname.

I figured it had something to do with Admiral Halsey - you're own tribute "Balze Halze".

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
When I joined up, it was my radio call sign for the Sheriffs Office.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I started out as a drummer.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of MWills
posted Hide Post
My name. When I joined I had just gotten my first Sig and was looking for some information/education. Had I know this place would become part of my daily routine I'd have tried to exercise a little more imagination. Since I live in Hannibal Mo the Mark Twain jpg seemed fitting.

I was ​always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps ​getting harder to find one.

Posts: 392 | Location: Mark Twain land, MO | Registered: August 06, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a product of being a teenager in the 80s.

So 'Sig' combined with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9l9wxGFl4k

Big Grin

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Retired artillery officer.

Years ago, Army call signs were semi-standard. Usually a 1-2 word phrase (changed daily) followed by a standard number; 06-commander, 05-exec, 24-forward observer, 18-fire direction center, etc. A typical call for fire at Ft. Sill would be... "Lucid Beacon 18, this is Lucid Beacon 24, fire mission, over." And, yes, that really was one of the ones we actually used in 1967-8.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1975 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
"Sapper steel!" was the motto of my last troop unit, the 2nd Engineer Battalion, way back when that unit was the organic engineer battalion of the 2ID.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite movie of all time is Blade Runner. Roy Batty was an outstanding character. I was born in 1967, ergo Batty67. My dog's name is Zhora.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Snowghosts in MT (not my picture). They have a strange magnetic property that caused me to run into and under and get buried after collision while skiing. Besides them being beautiful winter snow features

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm from Pennsylvania and my second gun ever purchased was a P239. The Liberty Bell is my avatar since I've always lived in the Philly metro region except when in school or the military.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Mine stems from being a retired Sergeant First Class after over 22 years in the U.S. Army. For you Dept of the Navy types, SFC is the same as a Chief or a Gunny.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Someone, that trusted me, gave me a loaded SIG...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post