SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain Your Handle
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain Your Handle Login/Join 
Picture of sigmoid
posted
Some really interesting handles on this forum.
Am I the only one who looks and says, whats that mean?
So, here goes mine:
In 2009, after some serious pain issues I was having for about 1 year, I was diagnosed with severe diverticulitis.
Doc I trusted when I asked him "what would you do"? told me, surgery.

Shortly thereafter, I went under the knife and low and behold had a tumor and 10" of my colon removed.

This is known as a SIGMOID colectomy.

So, in honor of what saved my life, I chose this as my handle.
Go ahead, call me an asshole, I just chuckle cuz I'm closer to the end than the beginning. Razz

What's yours?

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Report This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Tonyny first name and I was from New York at that time. Nothing complicated or mysterious and that's how I live my life.

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm Paul, and I live in Prospect Harbor.

Somewhat more interestingly, on the tractor forums I'm "Fawteen". That started as F14 for the 1938 Farmall F-14 tractor I piss money away on, that morphed to Fourteen, and then to take a little dig at some Southern Brethren it became Fawteen.

Elsewhere, I'm "Downeaster" because Prospect Harbor is in Downeast Maine.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Very Simple. It's my name.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
How I see myself (Samurai without a master) and my bootcamp platoon number.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Mines corny and I have no imagination.

Wild - I'm a huge MN Wild fan
Sig - Well, this is SIGforum and I was signing up to ask question about Sig's so....

WildSig was born.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

File photo. Bike is long gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
In my hurry to become a member, I should have thought about it longer, not realizing it'd be permanent. Basically, I like pizza. No, I don't own a pizza place, but if I did then I suppose that's what I would name it.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm an airline pilot, I smile a lot, and need to be inflated every now and then.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
I'm an airline pilot, I smile a lot, and need to be inflated every now and then.

Eek Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Cliff cause I'm just...Cliff.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
A nickname given to my by my brother when we were kids.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I like firearms,when I joined the forum ten years back 45 caliber guns was the flavor I was on at the time.
Last year it had went to 5 7 X 28

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I farm and drive John Deere equipment.

Posts: 207 | Location: Baconton,GA. | Registered: April 01, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ride a Tennessee Walkinghorse as does my wife.
Hate trotting so went to a gaited horse many years ago.

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Report This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Keep 'em coming fellas, I'm getting a good chuckle as usual from this group!

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
My 1st car nearly 19 years ago

How she currently sits at the moment undergoing a full suspension and brake swap as well as a turbo motor swap. This week starts a new schedule of 3 day weekends so I hope to have her running again for summer then complete the body work and paint over the winter.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Recoatlift: paint problem. Undecoats or topcoats begin to swell,crac& & lift due to waiting too long between coats & heavy coats, Usually seen in automotive / Fleet refinishing. Major PITA!

Solution: proper flash times & the use of isocynates (see Bhopal, India disaster) in under coats, color & clear. No more recoatlifts!

Painters that do not wear a proper respirator or fresh are systems usually have a 3 fingers or limp wrist handshake!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
A tired old worn out stud. Wink

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
<------ See picture.

28 is Darrel Green's number, 81 is Art Monk's.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post