SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And I still hate motorcycle riders
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
And I still hate motorcycle riders Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
The_sandman_454 said:
quote:
Honestly, I get frustrated with traffic and how others operate, but I can't say I've ever wished someone would die as a result.

Agreed, which is probably why this thread has made it to 5 pages with no response from the OP, who said:

"But its all OK. Every time I hear of a fatality or just a crash, I'll smile. Knowing the rider probably deserved it."

A lot of things are said in anger/frustration on this board, but many friends of mine ride, and many members on this board ride; his comment above crosses a personal line for me.
After all my years on Sig Forum, I have finally blocked someone's comments from my feed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gasbag:
We do charity runs.
Last year we had 8,000 motorcycles at the Toys For Tots charity run. That's right......8,000.

Well that excuses everything, you went out on a charity ride on a weekend that you probably would've been out riding anyways.

That would make me less of an asshole because I shoot two charity matches a year. Never mind the fact that I would probably be out shooting those matches even if they weren't for charity. Excuse me while I add that to my good deeds column. Roll Eyes

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
rburg, I seem to recall that you've dropped such comments on the forum before, and then you never again show up in the thread to defend yourself or address the members you've riled up.

If you're going to pull shit like this here, you need to stay in the thread and defend your views. From now on, when you post something like this, stick around in the thread. Alternately, just don't post stuff like this here. My strong preference would be the latter.

I need you to speak up, please.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm not a rider. I haven't ridden a bike since 1979. I used to think those loud piped bikes were annoying. Sometimes I think they goose their throttles just to impose their ego on everyone else. But I know the noise saves lives. I know it because were it not for those loud pipes, I would have sideswiped a biker a couple of years ago. He was passing me in an exit lane on my right. I could not see him, but just before I merged, he goosed his throttle. First I heard, then I saw him. He never knew how close we came to colliding. So I give the loud pipes a break.

As to behavior, it's true some bikers act like knuckleheads and ride selfishly. Some car drivers do the same. I think it is not about a subset of vehicles but a subset of humanity. Some of us are selfish more frequently than others. Selfishness begets selfishness. The trick is, can we behave selflessly in the face of selfishness? I think to be able to do so is a refining characteristic. If we were to apply it to this circumstance, one individual would be annoyed momentarily by the act of another, then shrug it off and hope the best for the annoyer. A simplified description, but you get the point.

I do think we need an 'Enough With the Bike Pictures' thread. I don't ride them, but do like them. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
quote:
Originally posted by gasbag:
We do charity runs.
Last year we had 8,000 motorcycles at the Toys For Tots charity run. That's right......8,000.

Well that excuses everything, you went out on a charity ride on a weekend that you probably would've been out riding anyways.

That would make me less of an asshole because I shoot two charity matches a year. Never mind the fact that I would probably be out shooting those matches even if they weren't for charity. Excuse me while I add that to my good deeds column. Roll Eyes

Every post you make supporting the bigots post just shows everyone just how much you are too. I dislike asshats of every persuasion, but I don't wish them dead, and smile thinking they deserve it. Why you would want to support his behavior makes me think the OP might just be your other handle, or else you drink from the same bottle of hate.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, enough of that shit. Enough. Now you guys are really going to piss me off. What you're suggesting is ridiculous. You don't like that someone other than the OP holds his opinions in this subect? Fine, but don't start playing junior fucking Sherlock Holmes, suggesting that two longterm members are one and the same. Stow that shit, and I mean right now.

rburg, partner, you'd better speak up very soon. You started this fucking shit, this pointless fucking nonsense and left me to deal with it. Show your face.

Are you getting the picture? Don't take a shit in my forum. Clear enough? Explain yourself.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I rode for a couple of years, back during the first phony oil crisis. Traffic in this area was a lot less back then, but I had a couple of incidents in which some car driver ignored me and pulled some really dumb stuff.

Had a co-worker riding a 4 cylinder Honda at night taking service calls to customer locations.

He was doing 55mph (posted) and some stupid woman pulls out right in front of him. He ended up putting his bike down, getting skinned up a good bit, and his bike slid into the woman's car.

Her excuse for pulling in front of him was, "Yes I saw you, but I thought you could stop!"

Stupidity is not limited to car drivers, or bike riders.

We get a fair number of bikers in this area, and for the most part they are courteous and tend to follow the rules.

To the OP, I understand you may have had a bad experience with a rider, but I, and many others, have had more bad experiences with car drivers than with bikers.

Understand your anger, but pop the top on a cool beer, or something, and relax.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No more comments until we hear from rburg, please. We want to play games? OK, this is my game now.

Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
And I still hate car drivers

They're mostly jerks. 2 different instances reminded me of why today. The first I was trying to change lanes and the guy was behind me. I had my signal on and started to move over. The fool/soon to be dead driver moved after I was already moving and then blew his little horn at me. I shoulda crushed him.

The second was at a big Walmart store. As always, people were looking for a parking spot. Nice store, inadequate parking. So a woman was slowly pulling out of a spot. It was a good one but the woman coming down the side aisle was waiting. I couldn't move because of the slow poke carefully exiting the spot. Even before the spot was fully open a minivan came zipping up, snuck in and took the spot. I should have crushed the puny van and seen how well it stood up to a MRAP.

But it's all OK. Every time I hear of a fatality or just a crush, I'll smile. Knowing the driver probably deserved it. I just wish the redneck down the side street would move away or die. He was out front with his diesel pickup barely running. You'd think a Chevy that costs as much as they do would come with a muffler. If he spent as much time keeping the truck tuned as he does keeping it loud, he'd be a lot better off.

I drive a MRAP.

I'll crush all y'all cagers like bugs!
Crush! CRUSH! The theme here folks is I'm gonna crush ya!
Wink (in real life I'm a motorcycle rider)

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Enough. Next poster in this thread will be rburg, or it will be me.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Read the Goddamned thread

STOP

POSTING

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I was at a doctors appt this morning. I feel the way I do. Maybe I just run into a lot of jerk riders. They defend each other and rave about how good they all are, but it hasn't been my experience. Just for the record, I still have a motorcycle endorsement on my DL.

Yes, I watched Easy Rider back in the day. Sure, it was directed to make us feel sorry for the guy who maybe didn't deserve his ending.

The LEOs generally do their best to enforce traffic laws against car and truck drivers, but pretty much ignore motorcycles. Of the speeders wo blow past me, almost all are on bikes. At a community meeting a while back I asked the cop who showed up why they just ignore really loud bikes and the crazies who go several times the speed limit. His answer was "a lot of retired LEOs ride bikes". He felt it was professional courtesy. Besides, they can't catch the bike if he runs, which almost all do.

So yes, I don't like bike riders who pull shit. So many do that I'm pretty safe making wild generalizations.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
And if you look at the date stamp of my original post, it was 8:30 last night. Not coming back in until late morning isn't that outrageous.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
And if you look at the date stamp of my original post, it was 8:30 last night. Not coming back in until late morning isn't that outrageous.
Do you really want to take this approach? You leave this mess for me and now you're going to get smart?

I'll put it to you in the simplest and most direct of terms- don't stir up shit in this forum unless you are willing to stay in the thread and defend your position. Oh, it was bed time, was it? So, you crap out this turd in my forum and you intended on checking the next day to see what grew? Don't do that here. Do not do that.

You need to figure it out. You need to figure out where you are and who is running this place. Really, you need to figure it out.