SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hats Off to the Stay at Home Parents
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hats Off to the Stay at Home Parents Login/Join 
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
My wife is a saint. She’s been a stay at home home for almost 7 years now. I honestly don’t give her enough credit for what she does. Our kids are 8 and then triplet 6 year olds. She also watches our almost 1 year old nephew 3 days a week.

This whole cyber schooling is adding another layer of complexity to everything. Our 8 year old pretty much has it handled. Getting the triplets through it is another story.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
My wife is a saint. She’s been a stay at home home for almost 7 years now. I honestly don’t give her enough credit for what she does. Our kids are 8 and then triplet 6 year olds. She also watches our almost 1 year old nephew 3 days a week.

This whole cyber schooling is adding another layer of complexity to everything. Our 8 year old pretty much has it handled. Getting the triplets through it is another story.

Jesus Christ. I cringed at triplets.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
They often get to choose at breakfast or lunch because those are easy. At dinner, it’s eat what I made or wait until breakfast.

I haven’t made chocolate cake yet, but I did make chocolate chip cookies and chocolate pecan brownies from scratch!

I can’t even imagine how this quarantine crap affects households where big parents have to work to make ends meet.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
Learn to say "NO!" Smile

All of that ^^^^^

When my kids were that age there was no such thing as catering and no debating or negotiating. If I was having scrambled eggs well, guess what the kids were having. When you work and buy the food then you can have what you like. That was understood.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And they often beat me until my attitude improved.

Indeed. I can attest to receiving many beatings/whippings/etc. It neither scarred me nor ever improved my attitude in the moment. If anything it toughened me up some, but I doubt that was the goal. Upon reflection I consider it a lazy crutch for the most part, but mostly harmless when sanely done.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
My boys are late teens, early twenties.

They are all home now, all the time.

They act like little kids much of the time.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Yeah it’s no joke, and hats off to everyone doing it. School has added a whole ponyload of fun to the mix, today my school starts back up, so hopefully they will be good to go on continuing their “virtual education”.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Our daughter was a single mom raising our granddaughter by her self. She was amazing. Worked a full time job, had her own place and still was there to raise her right.

Of course, we were always there in the back ground to help but she really gets most all the credit. She is now engaged and her life is looking so much better.

We had our granddaughter a lot (still do) and that was fine with us. We spoiled her something awful (still do) but that's OK. My daughter is still irritated with grandma for introducing her to chocolate milk when she was two. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Drum Sets for all neices and nephews!

Now this is an idea. Headed to AMZN to see what I can send to my great nephews......

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Drum Sets for all neices and nephews!

Now this is an idea. Headed to AMZN to see what I can send to my great nephews......
. They would also enjoy “Mr Microphone “.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
You should have given them chocolate cake...

Eggs, flour, milk..., everything a growing body needs.

“.... Dad is great give us the chocolate cake !”

"WHERE DID THEY GET CHOCOLATE CAKE FROM!?!!?"
"They asked for it!!" And the children, who had been singing praises to me, lied on me, and said, "Uh-uhh!! We asked for eggs and milk, and Dad made us eat this!!!"

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Y’all are rookies. 10 total kids, 8 still in the house. One in college and 7 homeschooled. Nothing has changed much for us.

Wife is amazing. I’m gone most of the day so she keeps them in line.

Posts: 396 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know how parents live as long as they do, I cared for two boys ( ages 3 and a Hal and 5 and a half ) for five months, It was the hardest job that I've had. Yet the most rewarding .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our daughter has 3 kids, 2 go to school.
She works with them 5 days a week from 9:30am to 5:30pm with school work.
The 2 boys both have a certain time of day they have to log in and start doing their lessons according to instructions from the school.
The only problem my daughter has is with common core math. Her oldest is very smart. He can doth math frontward and backward, but does not get common core math and struggles with it.

Our daughter in law is a teacher and has 3 kids. Only 1 has to do online school work, but the schedule is more relaxed, but whatever she does with that boy, the other 2 kids want to do also.
She is a school teacher, so she has to prepare her online courses and grade the ones that her students have done. She struggles for time to do all that. My son is working from home daily. He is on schedule as he has business calls and skype sessions so he has just a little time to help.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
Our kids are 8 and then triplet 6 year olds.
quote:
Originally posted by D4Heavy:
10 total kids, 8 still in the house.

You two guys... insanity. I could never do that. I can’t even begin to imagine.
Triplets... that thought is terrifying.
10 kids. No way Jose.

Thank God there are great people like you guys. I couldn’t do it.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I really feel for some of my colleagues. (I'm a teacher.)

We've been doing remote teaching for pushing a month now and I can't imagine the stress that some of them have where BOTH parents are teachers trying to remote teach AND they have one or more kids.

Many of them have spouses who are working from home now, but two teachers remote teaching means caring for dozens of other kids virtually while trying to look after your own.

No kids in our house, so we just have to find a way to stay out of each others' hair while we work.

Hats off to parents during this mess!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Homeschooling day 3: They all graduated. #Done

A neighbor was out early this morning scraping the “My kid is a terrific student” sticker off her minivan.
Guess the first week of homeschooling didn’t go so well.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
You should have given them chocolate cake...

Eggs, flour, milk..., everything a growing body needs.

“.... Dad is great give us the chocolate cake !”

"WHERE DID THEY GET CHOCOLATE CAKE FROM!?!!?"
"They asked for it!!" And the children, who had been singing praises to me, lied on me, and said, "Uh-uhh!! We asked for eggs and milk, and Dad made us eat this!!!"

"...And when she saw what the children were eating... I've always heard about people having a conniption, but I've never seen one. You don't want to see 'em! My wife's face... split! The skin and hair split and came off of her face so that there was nothing except the skull!

...And orange light came out of her hair and it lit all around! And fire shot from her eye sockets and began to burn my stomach! And she said, "Where did they get chocolate cake from?!?" And I said, "They asked for it!!" And the children, who had been singing praises to me, lied on me, and said, "Uh-uhh!! We asked for eggs and milk, and Dad made us eat this!!!"

...And my wife sent me to my room, which is where I wanted to go in the first place. So you see? We are dumb, but we are not so dumb. It takes great thinking and work to keep from working. "

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post