SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No Cell Phones on the Coarse @ Masters...u
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Cell Phones on the Coarse @ Masters...u Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
Heard on AM 840 Louisville, people found it odd to have to interact with other people. I can certainly understand how difficult this must be. Even the Caddies cant text the players from like, 10 feet away. Spectators probably stunned at the sound of their own voices, stop after a single word, spoken to another, thinking "What was that", my voice? What will they ever do? Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Lee,

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
The coarse... is that the transition area between the rough and the fairway?

Razz

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Cell phones is why the players no longer hollar Forrrre, any more and spectators get whacked by the ball. Texting Forrrre takes too long.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rough joke.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Will there be a fine for using cell phones on the coarse?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Meybe...u. Big Grin

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Now if they can stop the fools that yell "get in the hole" on a 500+ yard drive.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

Razz

-Rob

Its covering the ground out-of-bounds.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Will there be a fine for using cell phones on the coarse?

kicked off the course and badges, if they are recurring, will not be renewed. probably on a blacklist for the badge lottery, as well.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
BABA BOOEY!!!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
You can't have camera or any cell phones.

It's fun to go there on the Wednesday before round 1 as you can take a camera around on that day.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Rough joke.

Bad joke... Cool

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been 4 times, it's a real treat, and always 100% OK with no cell phone usage.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only been once, Friday , Saturday, and Sunday. Amazing grounds and upkeep!
Watched the staff on Friday removing two women wearing heels, and not low heels either!
Made them take the heels off and walk off the course. The males with them elected to stay!
Have to wonder about the relationship that was going on?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
You can't have camera or any cell phones.

It's fun to go there on the Wednesday before round 1 as you can take a camera around on that day.

Cameras are allowed on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
Now if they can stop the fools that yell "get in the hole" on a 500+ yard drive.

At Augusta, they'll get the boot.

Watching on ESPN, and going back and forth and listening/watching web coverage. After the club strikes the ball, not a peep.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

Razz

-Rob

Its covering the ground out-of-bounds.

The course area of the coarse?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4786 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Only a course person would carry a cell phone on the golf coarse.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have been trying for years to go just cant seem to get tickets, not interested in getting tickets with a huge price tag. I bet that place is incredible.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post