SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Citizen shoots two during B&E..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Citizen shoots two during B&E.. Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Seven armed home invaders

Upsetting as it is, its a pretty good argument for a New York reload. The only thing the homeowner could have done better would be to shoot around the window a few more times. With any luck, he might have got a couple more. At some point in all this, the ERs need to stop treating the miscreants that come in without proper ID and insurance information. Smile I'm not opposed to pain an suffering (unless its mine) for those who do bad stuff. Particularly after midnight! Smile

Who wants to guess the 5 outside scattered like roaches or rats when the light was turned on?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget the effect a couple of BIG dogs can have on the attractiveness of your house to a home invasion by some yutts.

I think it was Jones or another LEO who said people keep talking shit when the cops roll in heavy with rifles and riot sheilds, but come out with a couple of K9s and often people are like “weeesss just kidding” before egressing the area at a high rate of speed.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure one of my dogs could at least distract them briefly while begging for a treat from their new friend.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Too bad the homeowner wasn't a better shot.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Don’t forget the effect a couple of BIG dogs can have on the attractiveness of your house to a home invasion by some yutts.

I think it was Jones or another LEO who said people keep talking shit when the cops roll in heavy with rifles and riot sheilds, but come out with a couple of K9s and often people are like “weeesss just kidding” before egressing the area at a high rate of speed.

Had a GSD that definitively prevented a few break-ins (got my neighbor w the golden retriever instead). Nothing like a mouth full of barking, growling teeth to make the point.

However, having spent a lot of time around large dogs, they don’t particularly worry me a whole lot. You’d be amazed what confidence and a pocket full of hotdogs can do.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post