SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Military appreciation with a P228 Karma ---> *** WINNER = Yellow Jacket ***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military appreciation with a P228 Karma ---> *** WINNER = Yellow Jacket *** Login/Join 
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
great Karma. Thanks for the chance. My Brother served in the U.S. Army. My Father flew helicopters in the U.S. Army in Vietnam and My Grandfather fought in the battle of the Bulge in WWII.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Texans
posted Hide Post
This is very kind of you. My father served in the Navy during WWII. Please count me in.

Posts: 722 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I too would love to be included in the fun, thanks for the chance.

USMC 1975-1979

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I served six years in the Army National Guard. Artillery Sargent, 13F.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. USCG 1985-1994.

Posts: 279 | Location: Northeast Ohio  | Registered: August 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
Another most generous karma, please put my name in!

Active duty USAF 2004-16, traditional reservist 2016 through this past June and now back on active status.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance. My dad gave 20 Air Force as command pilot on heavies. Pics include some of him at Enewetok (sp) island watching the mushrooms. I spent 24+ Air Force as crew chief (431X1) on Jets 1 and 2. F-104 (ADC), T-37 (ATC), F-4 (PACAF & USAFE), FB-111A 9SSAC), F-15 PACAF)around the world.

Thanks again,
Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great Karma. Put my name in the hat please. Served in the USAR from 1958-1962.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Please count me in with my thanks for another great karma, Q. (U.S. Army, 1971-1974. Dad: WWII vet having served in the European theater.)

And especially thanks for honoring our nation's veterans the way you do. It's really special.

Speaking of remembering and honoring... I don't have any photos of my time in the Army, but I do have a couple from my father's time... kind of. This year the Dutch in the southern part of the country celebrated the 75th Anniversary of their being freed from Nazi occupation in WWII. My wife and I joined. And what a celebration it was. A convoy of 150+ restored WWII U.S. military vehicles retraced the Allies' route. We joined it at a stop in Gronsveld, the second Dutch village to be liberated.

A couple photos:

It was really heart warming to see the way the Dutch remembered our sacrifice. There were American flags everywhere in the area. And they made sure to include their children in the celebration. It was really special. Especially for me, since it's quite likely my father was in the original convoy back in 1944.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your generosity !!! Please add me. I served US Army 2nd AD(Fwd) in Germany. God Bless Smile

One of my stories was that since our Army post was the only combat post up Northern Germany and everyone else was down in Southern Germany we would use the Rail Head to load our vehicles and travel down south to Grafenwoerh and Munster. This was a very large training area. We would spend about 2+ months in Graf and about 3 weeks to 1 month in Munster. Whereas all other units would just stay 2 weeks. It would take us 2 to 3 days to travel as we did not have priority over the civilian trains and all we would do is sleep in the sleep cars. The train with hundreds of our army vehicles was very long, so many times we would sit on the side of some small town or in between some small towns waiting until we can be switched back to the main train line. Many times as we passed and went through the small towns the German people would watch us go through as if it was like a parade to them. They would be waving the German and American flags. Little kids would chase the train yelling " Do you have little brown package for me ???" We would thrown them some packages of our MRE's !!! I remember there were some times while stopped there would be some pipe bombs that were discovered that was placed on the flatbed that had one or 2 vehicles. I am guessing some disgruntled German did not like us Americans there and tried to blow up one some of vehicles with a pipe bomb hoping to derail the train. Oh well that is one of my stories. Thanks for reading !!!

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me in your most generous Karma. Airforce Security Forces 1983-2009. PACAF, SAC, MAC. Thank You.

Posts: 170 | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I'm in please. I was in the Navy but my service was nothing to brag about. I join the karma on behave of my Dad who served on the USS Iowa during WWII. Although he saw plenty of action, what he likes to talk about is watching the singing of the peace treaty with Japan from the conning tower of the Iowa and transporting hundreds of former POWs home after the war ended. Dad will be 96 in January of 2020, and is still going strong. The Greatest Generation are tough buggers! Smile
Thank you for your generosity.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the chance.

Army 1968-1974

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Muleman244
posted Hide Post
I'm in. U.S. Army 1987-93 . Mostly in the 101st Abn. Div.

---------------------------------------
NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 236 | Location: Grifton, NC USA | Registered: September 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance Q, very generous!

AF retired, served 1996-2017, multiple locations!

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post

Please add my name. Me on the left with an O-1A Birddog pilot when I was working in Laos in 1969.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As always, thanks for the opportunity Q.

USAF

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Add me and thanks
ARMY - 69-73
Grandson deployed currently - USS Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Another spectacular karma, Q! I'd be honored to participate.

US Army vet here, and served in the same unit (82d Airborne Div) and MOS as my dad, albeit 31 years later.

Thanks!

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add me May89-Nov02 US Navy worked in supply and Law Enforcement for the Navy. Got out and am currently working Law Enforcement for the Army as a civilian.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post