SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Military appreciation with a P228 Karma ---> *** WINNER = Yellow Jacket ***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military appreciation with a P228 Karma ---> *** WINNER = Yellow Jacket *** Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Please count me in! That's wonderfully generous.

Grandfather on my mom's side served in the 4th ID during WW I.

Dad volunteered for the US Coast Guard in 1944, but never left the country and was mustered out in 1946, but stayed in the reserves for nearly 10 years. He was a LORAN operator and taught morse code.

My uncle was Coast Guard from about 1948 to '52 or so and served on the buoy tender Jonquil.

I was peacetime US Army, 3ID in Germany from '92 to '95. I'm probably last of the line at an honest day's toil, as none of my children served.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
What an incredible Karma!

As my wife carries a p228 I'd enter this for her, and her own O4 USN service.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the pile!

Grandpa US Army, Dutch Harbor 1941 - liberation of France 1945

Dad US Army, Vietnam 1969

Me US Army, 2004 - 2011, OIF and OEF, fell in love with the M11 (P228) when the OSI team we helped on a range let us run through their qualifications with it!

Thank you!!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 668 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks q, us army '69-'71.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I’m in
Dad was tanker in WW2. Was in 5 battle campaigns.
Brother Vietnam era Army
Uncles in Army and Marines WW2.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Amazingly generous karma as usual. I can't pass up the chance.

I was in the Navy Reserves for over 16 years.

First picture I found was from 2001 or 2002 while I was still at the USMMA. This is of the Senior members (first classmen) of the Academy football team. I'm in the first row, third from the right.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the very generous karma. Please throw my name in the hat.

Navy 1986-2012 (Ret SCPO)

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
Please include me.

US Army, 1986-2009. (Mostly Infantry)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 618 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Please include me in the karma!

Uncle, US Army, Vietnam
Uncle, US Navy, Vietnam Seabee
Me, USMC 1991-2001
Daughter, USMC 2015-2019

My daughter and I shot that P226 Combat I won in the bible riddle again this past weekend. Shoots like a dream!

She invited me to her last Marine Corps ball last year. As you can see, neither of us ever got caught for any of our drunken escapades... Wink

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Please add me. I have two siblings (one USN, another US Army) that served and have a cousin currently in USN. Also an uncle that served in USN and another uncle served in Vietnam in USMC. If I win I promise to gift the pistol to one of them. Thank you for the opportunity!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance. My favorite SIG. Fits my hand like it was molded for it.
Had a Great Great Grandfather that died from Measles in Baltimore during his trip south in the War of Northern Aggression.
Several others served since then, Mostly in and around WW2.

Grandfather in North Africa Theater of Operations, 1943, the last face you can see to the right in this picture. No idea why this was on NIH website as none of these guys were doctors.

https://collections.nlm.nih.go...nlmuid-101442714-img
Description:
https://locatorplus.gov/cgi-bi...V3X_LppvxKNZQ_&SID=1

Posts: 9499 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your great karma.

USN. Served during the Vietnam era, Fleet Operations Control Center, Pacific Fleet, Kunia HI.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow

Served 2004-2010 as a Security Forces Airman, deployed to Afghanistan and Kuwait.

Posts: 506 | Location: North East Illinois | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all who served.
Don't include me, though. Pretty indirect military family.

Dad's ex-wife's dad was in the army & nephew (ex-step-cousin) in the AF.
Wife's grandfather was in the army.

No direct military service on my side, that I'm aware of.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15302 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once more 12131 delivers!

Please include me in this most generous Karma....

Story time..Hmm...I live in Bin Laden's Kabul home for a spell. It was a lavishly decorated three story mansion with a flush toilet and projection TV. It was a welcome home after a week or so in the field looking for Osama and his cats.
We used to have surf and turf on Friday with Chris G making a damn tasty grill master and the OGA providing the after hour cigars and beverages.
All in all not a bad way to wage a war.

18Z50...TF Dagger alumni.

Posts: 365 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Sir, you are an amazing and generous individual.

Please include me for the opportunity.

Thank you,

For me, it was spent in the peace time military, Deployed quite often at about 250 plus days a year, first with the 3rd Combat Communications Group, then a special duty assignment that lasted about 6 years. I saw a lot of the world and would do it again.
USAF 1980 - 1989

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your kind karma. Please include me.

USMC 06-11 Infantry Sgt

Posts: 250 | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
I would like to get in on this one. I was aboard the USS Kalamazoo from 1990-1994 and spent most of that time deployed to the Persian Gulf. We launched a couple of sea-sparrow missiles at the French Carrier Clemenceau by accident the first week of the Gulf War, they were using us as a calibration target.
My father was a US Army Artillery officer (LTC) during Vietnam. I was born at Ft. Benning. He never spoke to me about his time in service.
I currently work for DOD as Master of a Naval training support vessel. I do lots of fun stuff I can't talk about.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Very nice karma. The closest I came to serving was the year I spent in ROTC in college. It was fun. I kind of wish I would have continued.

My Dad did serve in Vietnam before I was born and I've had several great uncles that severed in WWII.

Thanks for the opportunity!
Chris

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very generous of you Q (as always!), please enter me. USCG for 20, father USCG for 30, older brother USCG for 5.

Thanks for the chance and to all of the other veterans for their service.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post