SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WealthFront.com
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WealthFront.com Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted
Does anyone have an investment account with WealthFront?

I opened an Investment Savings account with them recently. I also have my 401k (employer sponsored) and high-interest savings accounts "connected" there as well.

So I can see it all on my dashboard, which is nice.

I really like this investment account I've opened -- curious to see if anyone else uses them.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Yes, I use Wealthfront as one of my investment accounts.

If you like seeing all your things on one dash board, you should check out Mint.com. It's just a dashboard that captures account information from just about every company there is. I can see my account balances from all the banks I use (all of them, to diversify), all of the credit card balances (again, lots of cards for healthy debt to credit ratio), and all of my investment accounts (401k, brokerage accounts, etc). It even estimates the value of your home and vehicle and adds it to dashboard as assets.

WealthFront by itself is good stuff though. Ultra-Low fee managed funds, over the long run, tend to do very well compared to managed funds. I like that it also does the tax loss harvesting for you.

My wife and I also use Betterment for automatic investing. We both have different savings styles, so we maintain separate investment accounts to diversify how our money grows.

I also use Motif, which allows you to trade bundles of up to 30 stocks at once like a mini-mutual fund. My Motif bundle has a 10.1% rate of return for the past 30 days, a 89.6% 12 month return, and a 158.4% return since I started the motif in April 2015. But that's literally just gambling (not "investing") as there's no guarantee the motif will continue to perform well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aeteocles,

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Tag for further review. Thanks!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

If you like seeing all your things on one dash board, you should check out Mint.com.

I like PersonalCapital better than Mint. I think it has a much better dashboard. The only downside is that you get some spam from them trying to get you to use their investment services.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6401 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Tag for further review. Thanks!

I'm still really liking WealthFront. I contribute to my investment account monthly and I am seeing decent returns. The mobile app is great too.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post