SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    David Hogg accepts defeat - announces that he is 'too busy' to make his activist progressive pillow dream a reality
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

David Hogg accepts defeat - announces that he is 'too busy' to make his activist progressive pillow dream a reality Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Big Grin

Guess starting a business is a little harder than he thought.

Sampling of some of the hilarious responses:
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/...identally-hilarious/

Here's his twitter thread with the various excuses for his failure:
https://threadreaderapp.com/th...004076205420549.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BamaJeepster,

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
The boy needs some “Lord of the Flies” time somewhere. Either in the old Corps of A&M, or the Citadel, or VMI, or a small town rural high school.

Clearly, his parents didn’t discipline him, he needs some junk knocked out of his head...

Adults have career commitments which can force withdraws from projects/along with family issues.

He has neither - and Harvard is hardly known for a heavy workload these days. (Even Harvard law must have gone soft, as half seem to be idiots, along with the Genius lawyers it produces)

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Poor baby! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
He spends too much time biting the pillow to sell them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Most kids used to learn around age 4 or 5 that they aren't the center of the universe after all...

Seems he is just now beginning to learn that lesson perhaps?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I blame Jeff Bezos. That guy operated at a loss for so many years that he's warped a whole generation of American kids' minds as to what it takes to get a successful company up and running.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Maybe this Legate person knows whats what, used pillow biter boy to help with the publicity for the new company, and then showed his pansy ass the door as soon as it was expedient. Text stream from pillow biter is his way of trying to save face, like when politicians caught in a scandal leave office "to spend time with their family" wink wink sure you are...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
That pillow looks like he was crying while biting it.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that jerk still at Harvard? He never stuck me as smart but he was a victim of - cue ominous music - GUN VIOLENCE and thus a perfect candidate for their freshman class.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Clearly, his parents didn’t discipline him, he needs some junk knocked out of his head...
Agreed. But as I've noted frequently, most of us had our noses bloodied a couple times in junior high and or high school that taught us to learn our place and when and when not to run our mouths. This kid obviously has never had his ass handed to him or he wouldn't act as he does.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
When I see people like him the song The Remedy from Puscifer comes to mind.

"You speak like someone who has never been smacked in the fucking mouth.
That's okay we have a remedy

You speak like someone who has never been knocked the fuck on out
But we have your remedy"

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Hogg takes the L? More like takes the D.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Id like to see him and that little Euro trash Greta go take a flying fuck off a high cliff.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
He lost a pillow fight....

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that punk did not compose those 12 excuses.

Posts: 43 | Registered: April 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I've heard of meth heads who have done better starting a successful business. I guess victim hood doesn't pave all roads before you.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
He should go swimming in the ocean.

Posts: 13049 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Well that didn’t age well. AHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love Mikes pillow, I don't need one to cry on!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He decided not to do it after he found out the business wouldn’t work just by him running his mouth.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post