SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My wife lost my GSP... AGAIN!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My wife lost my GSP... AGAIN! Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I think a wireless dog fence might be a little harsh on your children.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I don't think hitting a woman is funny. I think it's contemptuous.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sock Eating Golden:
First time she let Bullet outside off his tie out. Completely forgot about him. I woke up asked where he was. He'd been gone for hours.

Today she was in the yard with him. Stopped paying attention and he was gone again.

Both times a kind stranger managed to call him in and call my phone.

First time I was napping from a long shift, today I'm resting, sick with a stomach flu. What the hell do I did with a wife who is completely inattentive with our children and pets.

What about those wireless dog fences?

Divorce?

Nick,

They are some extremely serious concerns in your post when the history is considered in context, right? I don't know what sort of counseling you and your wife may have received post-tragedy, but it sounds to me that there are still issues not far below the surface. Maybe consider professional help on these underlying (and totally understandable) issues?

My prayers are with you all.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:..."PIMPSLAP"...

Yeah, but sooner or later your gonna fall asleep, and then you find your married to Lorena Bobbitt...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:

Nick,

They are some extremely serious concerns in your post when the history is considered in context, right? I don't know what sort of counseling you and your wife may have received post-tragedy, but it sounds to me that there are still issues not far below the surface. Maybe consider professional help on these underlying (and totally understandable) issues?

My prayers are with you all.

Ditto. First thing I thought of. I never see your name and not think of your story.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
My rescue Catahoula was a total escape artist, go right over a 5 ft chain link, any glimpse of daylight through an open door or gate and she was gone. With some instruction from a professional animal trainer friend I was able to use a shock collar to train her off running away. (and to walk better on a leash, stop grazing food off counters, etc.)

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next time get the kids and follow the dog. He's leaving for a reason...

Posts: 137 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: February 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
My friend's Dalmatian would chase deer so he got an Invisible Fence. After the installation Domino would start to chase the deer, hit the DMZ as I called it, a YIP as he got the shock and continued to run after Bambi. In my opinion not much good.

My daughter and her husband just bought a house with an Invisible Fence, a point brought up by the Relator. And they have a VERY small puppy. I suggested that they leash walk the puppy as I do not worry so much about the puppy running off but how do you protect the puppy from a larger dog or some wildlife (we have Coyotes around here) getting into your yard and attacking it?

Next year they are fencing the yard. Or I'll nag the hell out of them until they do it.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gloucestermen:
Next time get the kids and follow the dog. He's leaving for a reason...
+1000

The shit some people deal with is astounding.

And a pimp slap is gender neutral, plenty of bitch 'men' around in need of a virtual 'slap'.

Lighten up, Francis.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Depending on your outdoor space and needs, check into a PetSafe wireless fence. Unlike an underground fence, which will shock your dog if they get within a set distance of the border, the PS version works by shocking on an interval until the pet returns to the "safe" zone. Proper training is essential, but it broke my old Lab of his roaming habits.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second the Petsafe wireless fence. Our lab puppy has rode the lightning a few times and now if we go for a walk through the neighborhood I have to pick her up and carry her out of the yard She will turn and run full speed back to the house if she gets close enough to the boundary and the collar starts to beep. You will need to take your time and train the boundaries for a week or two.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fencing is all well and good. I would get her to a doctor, though. Often trauma is followed by adult ADHD type symptoms that can be helped with the temporary use of certain medications. Or, I could be full of crap. Be a medical consult is, I believe, in order.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Nick,

As a few others have mentioned, what is happening is just a continued trend of sadness after the loss of your child.

While I am a believer in the "for better or for worse" part of the marriage vow, both parties have to contribute to cause. Over the years you've received more than enough advice about counciling, therapy, etc. At this point I wish you only happiness and safety.

God Bless.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nick,

They are some extremely serious concerns in your post when the history is considered in context, right?

I thought the same thing. I am sure you both have had help, but please get more. There is a lot to unpack in your post.

Good luck to both of you, and God bless.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Grounds for divorce in my book Wink

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gspdude
posted Hide Post
You're lucky you got your dog back twice. Having lived with GSP's for over 15 years, I'd never consider having one without a fenced yard. We actually had an invisible fence installed inside of our physical fence because he had Shorthairs that would go over, under or climb 4 foot split rail with wire mesh. Some of them would just take the hit anyway. If you can't do a physical fence, an invisible fence is better than nothing. Make sure your dog is chipped and licensed. A license can buy your dog extra time if it's turned into the local pound (there are rules for minimum/maximum time before they can euthanize). We were volunteers for a GSP rescue group and about half the dogs in the program were found running loose, most in not so great of shape. I'm sure you know the GSP can cover a lot of ground quickly so you need some solution to make sure you don't lose your buddy. I'd put up signs by the doors if I had to that no one was allowed to take out my dog unless it was leashed. Good luck.

Posts: 544 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok I give up. German Shepherd puppy?

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Ok I give up. German Shepherd puppy?

Oh good. I'm not the only one. At first I i thought transpostion error of GPS. Wife lost GPS, there's multiple jokes in there, isn't there? Then I figured GSD misspelled when I saw we were talking about a dog. But now a second person is using GSP. Would a GSD puppy be a GSDP?

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Obscure internet acronyms continue to be the bane of my Internet existence. For the love of God, just write the words, please. It's not like you're limited to 140 characters here or whatever like the old days of texting where each text used up a limited number allowed for the month. Ok rant off.

And yes, I also have no idea what a GSP is.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post