SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any one have one of these as a kid way back when?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any one have one of these as a kid way back when? Login/Join 
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted
Johhny Seven - the one man army

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Seven_OMA

This would surely freak out the lefties today.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I wish! Wasn’t into shooting stuff at that age just yet though...

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Myron the mailman didn't get one and look what happened to him.....

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post

My family was poor when I was a kid. I could only afford one of these.
I only used it for target practice, of course, and nobody got excited over it.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Not that one, but had one of these.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Sooper Dooper Goofer guns!

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up in the seventies and I had no idea that these had been made until a few years ago. It's odd that other versions of it didn't continue to be sold through the years, it was ahead of its time and way too awesome to have only been made for such a short time.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Must have watched 10 times a Law and Order episode where Vincent D`Onofrio pays with one of those.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:

My family was poor when I was a kid. I could only afford one of these.
I only used it for target practice, of course, and nobody got excited over it.

yep - I had one of these too......it was a gas. Don't they have orange tips on them now instead of black?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Denied a Johnny Seven as a child, grew up to develop this:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
No but I had one of these. Still surprised my parents bought it for me. It was totally awesome.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Why yes I did. Had so much fun I lost most of what shoots, and eventually most of it was broken.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
How did I miss this?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
No but was into "Army" as a kid. Smile

Did get a Mattel Shootin' Shell Pistol that was fantastic but more Cowboy than Army.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh yeah mom still had it in the garage attic ,20 years later

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I preferred the Sgt. Saunders Tommy Gun. Burned through a roll of caps pretty quick though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cwKZ8XjhHI

Posts: 9508 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
No, but I had a similar gun to the one Feersum Dreadnaught had. I thought mine was James Bond, but maybe it was The Man from UNCLE.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
How did I miss this?

I know, right? I was six years old in 1964. Granted, I don't remember a lot from that time period, but I would surely remember something like that.

Posts: 27952 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
I think I had them all! The Johnny Eagle 1911 Colt (still have it) and M1, Mattel Shoot'n Shell Single action Colt and lever action rifle. The Man from Uncle pistol with carbine stock, barrel extension and "infrared" scope. I had multiple cap firing Thompson machine guns. I had a Civil War cannon that shot black plastic cannon balls that you DID NOT want to get hit with at close range. I still have all my eyes, fingers and brothers!

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
I had that or something very much like it. As I recall, it broke pretty easily, but then I found out later that my older brother would break my toys because of jealousy.

I did have a Six Finger when I was older.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post