SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need to buy a car...for 1st time in my life, not sure what I want. Any suggestions?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to buy a car...for 1st time in my life, not sure what I want. Any suggestions? Login/Join 
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Looks great, I4 or V6?
Wheels, IIRC, indicate 4cyl?

4-cylinder, yes. 9 out of 10 reviews I read, YouTube videos I watched, and car forum posts that I read suggested that the non-in-house 6-cyl transmission was considerably less smooth than the 4-cylinder and has been less mechanically reliable, and the nose-heavy V6 neither cornered as well nor drove with the fine balance of the 4-cylinder. I probably would have opted for the 6-cylinder for the extra power had I read just read or two such remarks, but it was very, very consistent. Interestingly, to bolster that take, the Acura dealer lots were full of '15 and '16 6-cylinders, but only had a few of the 4-cylinders...sure, some were service loaners, but not at all...the V6 didn't appear to be a long-term car for many.

Plus, I suspect the insurance will be a little less, and I prefer the gear shift knob to the little buttons...and the 4-cylinder itself has a good amount of get-up-and-go.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I do recall reading a lot of strive about the V6 automatic not being nearly as good as the DCT in the 4cyl.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15286 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The 4 cyl is absolutely bulletproof. The Honda V6 STILL has a timing belt that needs changed at 10 years or 100K miles at a cost of $1200.

The 4 cyl will get 32 mpg while the 6 cyl only gets about 25 mpg. The 4 cyl is better commuter car, and has more than enough power for a daily driver.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post