SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Homeowner holds gun on burglars & takes their photo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Homeowner holds gun on burglars & takes their photo Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
You certainly don't see this all time but it's America Roll Eyes

quote:
A California homeowner exercised his right to bear arms -- and take pictures -- after a group of people tried to break into his home.
Yan Zhang of Chino Hills was at home with his wife and children when five people tried to enter the house through a balcony in the back.
Zhang grabbed his gun, told his wife to hide the kids and then went to work.
"They were home and then several (suspects) kind of tried to pry the door open, tried to get in," neighbor Tony Tran told CNN affiliate KTLA. "(Zhang) got a gun so he fired a warning shot and was able to apprehend them until the police showed up."

Zhang held three of the suspects (two ran off) at gunpoint on pool deck. Nerve-wracking stuff for sure, but he was still chill enough to exercise another one of America's most cherished rights -- the right to take a cell phone camera photo at anytime.

And what a picture it is: You can stare right down the length of Zhang's handgun and then look at the three would-be burglars, lying almost face-down on the concrete with their hands out where you can see them.
After the cops dragged the bad guys away, Zhang posted the pics to a Chinese social media site. Needless to say, they were soon everywhere.

Linky

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Sorry ass bitches all laying on the ground and shit.

LOL.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Nice!

HK Expert?

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He fired a "warning shot"?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

The Chinese are polite that way.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You understand my point, though. This happened in California, correct?

I'm surprised he's not in jail. I'm not kidding.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm with you on that one.

I would not be surprised if the follow-up is him being charged with illegal discharge of a deadly weapon followed by the local DA having all weapons seized.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:

The "Uncle Joe Bonzo Biden" defense ...

Should have made sure the backstop was a BG.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
My bet is he is going to be summonsed to court over the warning shot, lose his license and gun and maybe do a little jail time. The scum who broke in will probably get probation if they testify to the warning shot.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:

Followed by counselling for the traumatized "victims" of his aggression.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the warning shot thing might cause an issue.

The usual concern is that if you had time to fire a shot as a warning, then you were not in imminent danger. Imminent danger is a necessary element to any good self defense shoot.

But in a situation like this, a plausible argument can be made that the homeowner was in imminent danger and that a warning shot was a calculated risk intended to reduce the likelihood of a protracted confrontation among multiple assailants.

Not saying it's a good position to be in, but hopefully he doesn't get fucked.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Sucks that being a victim who took a questionable action that didn't result in injury could end up with his whole life being ruined.

If he's REALLY lucky, the prosecutor will let it slide with a wrist slap but he would have to be Powerball Lottery winner lucky.
Educate the guy, give him a fire & brimstone lecture and maybe cost him some cash (even *that* I find disgusting) but I hope they don't feed him to the wolves.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
OK, stop and consider. The BGs are or will be democrat voters. The guy in Kali has some sense and probably was one of the handful of Trump voters.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I imagine it went something like this:

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Instead of a warning shot he could have lied and said he missed.But he has an HK so everyone would have known that was a lie Razz

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Sucks that being a victim who took a questionable action that didn't result in injury could end up with his whole life being ruined.

If he's REALLY lucky, the prosecutor will let it slide with a wrist slap but he would have to be Powerball Lottery winner lucky.
Educate the guy, give him a fire & brimstone lecture and maybe cost him some cash (even *that* I find disgusting) but I hope they don't feed him to the wolves.

He's not Caucasian, so he's got that going for him. Or, maybe they'll coin a new term for him like they did George Zimmerman. Maybe he'll be the first "White Asian."

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post