SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump Admin to Deport Cambodians After Country Refused to Take Back Their Nationals
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump Admin to Deport Cambodians After Country Refused to Take Back Their Nationals Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
I'm having a hard time understanding this. If Cambodia won't take them back, where are we deporting them to?

President Trump’s administration will begin deporting Cambodian nationals after placing sanctions on the country for refusing to take back their illegal foreign nationals.

According to VOA News, roughly 70 Cambodian nationals will be deported from the United States in the month of December, a win for Trump’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency, which has been trying to get the foreign nation to take back its nationals.

ICE says that in total there are more than 1,900 Cambodian nationals living in the U.S. that are eligible for deportation. Out of those 1,900, about 1,412 of the Cambodian nationals are convicted criminals.

In September, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced that it would place sanctions on Cambodia for refusing to take back its nationals.

A State Department official told VOA:

The U.S. “believes that each country has an obligation under international law to accept the return of its nationals who are not eligible to remain in the United States or any other country.”

Though open borders organizations have claimed that the deportation of the Cambodian nationals is unjust, ICE spokesman Brendan Raedy says that all illegal aliens and criminal foreign nationals are subject to deportation.

“The bottom line is that any alien removed no longer had any lawful status to remain in the United States,” Raedy said.

“International law obligates each country to accept the return of its nationals ordered removed from the United States,” Raedy told VOA.

“The United States itself routinely cooperates with foreign governments in documenting and accepting its citizens when asked, as do the majority of countries in the world,” Raedy said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ack-their-nationals/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Cambodia relented, and is going to accept the deportations now, after having initially refused.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It appears we just tolerate them / let them stay:

quote:
in total there are more than 1,900 Cambodian nationals living in the U.S. that are eligible for deportation. Out of those 1,900, about 1,412 of the Cambodian nationals are convicted criminals.

Apparently, tossing them a bunch of old rafts and pushing them off the flight deck of a carrier in International Waters is unacceptable. Other sympathetic countries would be free to scoop up as many as they please and take them anywhere else they like. We could coordinate it and praise the humanitarian gesture of the new host countries. Win-Win!

Although, knowing the Hispanic guy who was just acquitted in that other shooting had snuck back in four more times, despite multiple formal deportations and multiple felonies and US prison time, maybe it's better that we keep our eyes on them, or something...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sounds like a nice sweep

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
We don't want criminals from any country, get them all the fuck out of here.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First ISIS, now this? Please Mr. President, I don't know if I can take all this winning. Can you slow it down a bit? Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I couldn't give a crap less where Cambodian criminals go when they are forced to leave the US. AMF, baby.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure we have many warehouses choc full of static line parachutes.

Posts: 4809 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
... Please Mr. President, I don't know if I can take all this winning. Can you slow it down a bit? Wink

No, give us more. It never gets old.

Posts: 586 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Just take them to Laos, push them across the Cambodian border, and leave. There doesn't need to be any further communication with the Cambodian government.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Sounds like Cambodia relented, and is going to accept the deportations now, after having initially refused.

Maybe the boss dogs walked through one of the many areas still pocked with B-52 bomb craters and thought 'no, maybe we should just screw with Switzerland, or maybe Zimbabwe, yeah, that's it, Zimbabwe.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a Holiday In Cambodia.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Is Pol Pot one of them?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post