SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FL prostitution sting nabbed our pediatrician
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FL prostitution sting nabbed our pediatrician Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
You don't pay them for sex, you pay them to leave.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
It seems like a risky business to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Prostitution should operate on a legal, regulated basis, one where the prostitue gets the three-quarters of the income and the bordello operator one quarter.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Who in their right mind would bang a hooker these days?

They don't make a rubber thick enough.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Who in their right mind would bang a hooker these days?

They don't make a rubber thick enough.

Post of the week

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just 18 years old when the Army sent me to Korea. Nooky in Seoul and Inchon cost from $1 to $2 MPC. Boxes of condoms for taking in the CO office. Korean Police looked the other way.

I was in Heaven.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
True story: I've been to a real whore house, had about 20 paraded out in front of me to choose from - but left without utilizing any of their services. I had no moral quandary with it, they just weren't hot enough. Technically, I have never had sex with a prostitute. I almost did. And would have had there been a couple of smoking hot ones. But I didn't.

Conversely, I've dated beautiful women, had sex with plenty, but one of them, for example, she's since married three particularly wealthy dudes in a row, never for more than a few years each, now single again, picking up a fat chunk of loot at each step along the way. All legal. She's just a smarter and bigger whore than the whorehouse full I met that one time.

Slavery and literal human trafficking are terrible. But the simple exchanging of sex for money/safety/dinner/etc is what the vast, vast majority of humans do, regularly, however indirectly or not. And we need to quit pretending otherwise. It's a projection of a fictionalized puritanical ideal, and it's nonsense. Utter fucking nonsense. (hardy har)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Laws prohibiting prostitution are ridiculous and always have been. It's not called the world's oldest profession for nothing.

Lives have been ruined needlessly simply because the government thinks their place is between two copulating people if money is involved.

You don't have to sell it on the street to be a whore. Prostitution comes in many forms.

Everyone needs to mind their own business. I'm familiar with all the arguments against legalized prostitution. I'm not convinced. These things are going to happen- every minute of every day- whether or not they are legal acts.
The hypocrisy of those who made these laws is not surprising.

I agree with you fully, campaigns against victimless crime have never worked and cost us as a country than we can afford.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Laws prohibiting prostitution are ridiculous and always have been. It's not called the world's oldest profession for nothing.

Lives have been ruined needlessly simply because the government thinks their place is between two copulating people if money is involved.

You don't have to sell it on the street to be a whore. Prostitution comes in many forms.

Everyone needs to mind their own business. I'm familiar with all the arguments against legalized prostitution. I'm not convinced. These things are going to happen- every minute of every day- whether or not they are legal acts.

I couldn't have said it better and agree totally. You have 2 consenting adults and whether it's paid for or not, who cares. It's legal in many other countries and well regulated and you don't have prostitutes on the streets.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:

Totally agree. Make it legal, safer, cheaper (for tax payers), and tax it!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I once heard Tom Leykis say he does not pay prostitutes for sex. He pays them to leave afterwards. That made me lol.

Dashiell Hammett is credited with saying it first, but I can't find anything saying where he did so.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Take a gander at Harvey Weinstein's wife.

She's a working girl about to cash the big paycheck.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen this as an increasing trend over the years. When a department decides to “do something” about prostitutoin, they tend to put resources into stings and going after the customers. The stated claim is if you remove the demand you reduce the crime. Sounds good, but I am not so sure that is the real reason.

My personal take is this- it is far easier and more “productive”, at least in terms of being able to claim “success” to go after the customers. The Johns, by and large are regular guys with a life and a reputation. They will plead out, pay the fines and try to keep everything as quiet as possible. Save their reputation as much as they can and keep their life. Far fewer and far easier prosecutions low impact on police, prosecutors, courts, and jails.

Going after the criminals, pimps, providers, prostitutes takes more effort and resources and has much higher back end cost to prove and prosecute the cases.

Interesting how it is the exact opposite of the way drug crime is addressed where no one seems to care about the average user who creates the demand and all the resources are spent fighting the “supply” side. Possession amounts before facing stiff penalties seem to get higher and higher and being under the influence is a “disease”, not a crime.

So many contradictions....

Bartering for sex is legal “Hey how about dinner and a movie?” Yet open discussion of cash for sex transaction is illegal.

Women are equal and empowered and are just as smart and capable as men. Women caught up in prostitution are being exploited, used, “trafficed” and need protection, they don’t know any better and must be protected.

A drunk woman is not capable of giving informed consent to sex to a drunk man and if they have consensual sex, he is guilty of rape even though he was just as drunk as she was.

While there certainly are instances of “trafficing” they are pretty rare. It has just become the term de jour because it instills a much greater “outrage” and infers sinister malice where there is public apathy for the reality that the vast majority of prostitution is not terribly nefarious.

Now legitimate sex slavery and child prostitution?. Hunt the fuckers to the end of the earth and skin them alive in the public square. However John stings and online scams aren’t going to dent those cases, and if anything gives them a greater “market share”.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
wow, 277 nabbed and no cops or detectives. That's a head scratcher, not really.

A huge waste of taxpayer resources.

And yes, thats right. They don't have enough resources to operate the jails and go after petty criminals or other bad guys. Roll Eyes

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
wow, 277 nabbed and no cops or detectives. That's a head scratcher, not really.

You need to read more carefully, from the linked article (bolded for emphasis):

One of the men arrested, Judd said, was a sergeant at his office. Sgt. Luis Diaz, who had been on the force for 17 years, resigned after the sting, FOX13 reported. “We are absolutely embarrassed,” Judd said. “We hold our own accountable. He messed up and no longer works for the Sherriff’s Office.”

Judd identified some of the other suspects arrested as a cancer surgeon, teacher, pediatrician, Air Force veteran, retired deputy sheriff, retired police officer, active colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps and several pharmacists. They range in age from 16 to 74 years old.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Judd identified some of the other suspects arrested as a cancer surgeon, teacher, pediatrician, Air Force veteran, retired deputy sheriff, retired police officer, active colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps and several pharmacists. They range in age from 16 to 74 years old.

And yet, some (some here, even) refuse to believe or acknowledge that average, everyday, regular people with real jobs (gasp) smoke the reefer, something exponentially more common than those who engage in literal prostitution.

And that's just one sting in one town in one state.

Newsflash: your neighbor, kid's teacher, local policeman, little league coach, retired Army guy down the block, you name it, some subset of all of them are smoking something, drinking something, or fucking something that someone else doesn't approve of, and it's more of them than you think, and decidedly NOT just scummy criminal types, at all.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
You do indeed always pay.

Amazing that these people get busted yet I see trophy wives everyday that would not wear that ring without $$$

Hypocrisy.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I could get the highest grade hookers, in triplicate, and several lines of the finest un-cut coke for what my ex-wife gets from me on the first of every month.

I did it backwards.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A quote from my Father:
"The piece of ass you pay for is the cheapest you will ever get".
Thanks, Dad!
I confess I have indulged a time or two while overseas. It was business and it was pleasant.
No regrets.
As long as the participants are not underage or held in captivity, then it does not seem to be much of a crime.
And I would guess a great number of hookers are drug addicted.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Unless it has changed, prostitution is legal in several European countries. Including Germany where the hookers are licensed and required to get physical exams on a regular basis.

And, IIRC, the same rules apply in other countries over there.

They used to have areas in Frankfurt where the hookers were to ply their business.

It is going to happen, get used to it. At least if it is overseen by the health authorities the spread of VD of all kinds will be reduced or eliminated.

It is legal In Germany and Belgium. The Frankfurt red light district is right next to the main train station and is actually in tourist guides. Amsterdam is another example. As I am prohibited from partaking due to UCMJ, I cannot comment on licensing and inspections. I have heard about/seen articles indicating that there are still issues with human trafficking, but I've also seen statistics saying that the actual trafficking is minor, down to the double digits.

The phrase "Sexual Tourism" has emerged to describe people going from countries where it's illegal to where it's legal.

I would also point out that there is a historic precedence for what Elk Hunter proposes. The phrase "Hookers" is a derivative of "GEN Hooker's Girls". GEN Hooker was a Union General who had a population of prostitutes that followed his Army. His medical officers monitored the women and it supposedly reduced STDs and rapes in his formation.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post