SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FL prostitution sting nabbed our pediatrician
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FL prostitution sting nabbed our pediatrician Login/Join 
Picture of DrDan
posted
The Polk County Sheriff's Office ran a human trafficking/prostitution sting operation, and my son's, now former, pediatrician was one of those caught. Sigh.

An active duty Marine Colonel, Polk Sheriff sergeant, and a bunch of others were caught as well. Good job Sheriff "we ran out of bullets" Judd!

link

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Confused

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I reckon nabbing a total of 277 in a weeks time is considered highly productive. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Laws prohibiting prostitution are ridiculous and always have been. It's not called the world's oldest profession for nothing.

Lives have been ruined needlessly simply because the government thinks their place is between two copulating people if money is involved.

You don't have to sell it on the street to be a whore. Prostitution comes in many forms.

Everyone needs to mind their own business. I'm familiar with all the arguments against legalized prostitution. I'm not convinced. These things are going to happen- every minute of every day- whether or not they are legal acts.
The hypocrisy of those who made these laws is not surprising.

Posts: 107562 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I hadn't thought of it that way, and you make a good point. It seems the Govt is in WAY too deep in WAY to many areas, and mostly in the WRONG ways.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8675 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I never hassled the prostitutes on my beat, they always knew what was going on and who did what....after they realized I wasn't gonna drag them to jail my job was much easier...

My Pop-Pop told me "you pay up front or you pay on the back end; but you always pay", he was a wise man.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
You do indeed always pay.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Unless it has changed, prostitution is legal in several European countries. Including Germany where the hookers are licensed and required to get physical exams on a regular basis.

And, IIRC, the same rules apply in other countries over there.

They used to have areas in Frankfurt where the hookers were to ply their business.

It is going to happen, get used to it. At least if it is overseen by the health authorities the spread of VD of all kinds will be reduced or eliminated.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I never hassled the prostitutes on my beat, they always knew what was going on and who did what....after they realized I wasn't gonna drag them to jail my job was much easier...

My Pop-Pop told me "you pay up front or you pay on the back end; but you always pay", he was a wise man.

I had many a "woman of negotiatable affection" as my informants. They knew EVERYTHING! A 3 piece with extra biscuit, a few tacos, went a long way.

As far as actual prostitution goes, as long as it's between two (or three) WILLING PARTICIPANTS, no problem. The problem arises when (s)he just got out of a shipping container, and into a bed.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8339 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is going to happen, get used to it. At least if it is overseen by the health authorities the spread of VD of all kinds will be reduced or eliminated.

And crime is reduced, because you don't get the psychos who want to beat the shit out of prostitutes.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It seems like a risky business to me.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
During the operation, undercover detectives and investigators from several law enforcement agencies posted false advertisements on websites, social media sites and phone apps posing as “prostitutes or to solicit sex workers."

This sort of tactic shouldn't even be legal.

They didn't catch 277 prostitutes, or even 277 people fucking prostitutes for money, or 277 would be robbers or otherwise out there causing problems for society, they caught 209 regular people who wanted sex and we're willing to pay up front for it - rather than dinner and drinks, movies or coffee, or the usual dances. Dancing is fine; truth, apparently, is not.

The crime itself is stupid, the tactic questionable at best (it's horrible, really), and the result - nearly useless, at least in terms of what happened to 209 of the 277 and the supposed benefit to society. More theatre, at least primarily. I detest such useless, unrealistic, crap, when we're talking about consenting adults, not kids or slaves or shipping containers, etc.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:
Laws prohibiting prostitution are ridiculous and always have been. It's not called the world's oldest profession for nothing.

We can equate this to Politicians also.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as actual prostitution goes, as long as it's between two (or three) WILLING PARTICIPANTS, no problem. The problem arises when (s)he just got out of a shipping container, and into a bed.

I concur, I also was on the business end of checking and preventing human smuggling when I was in the CG....I have first knowledge info on that route sadly.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
During the operation, undercover detectives and investigators from several law enforcement agencies posted false advertisements on websites, social media sites and phone apps posing as “prostitutes or to solicit sex workers."

This sort of tactic shouldn't even be legal.

They didn't catch 277 prostitutes, or even 277 people fucking prostitutes for money, or 277 would be robbers or otherwise out there causing problems for society, they caught 209 regular people who wanted sex and we're willing to pay up front for it - rather than dinner and drinks, movies or coffee, or the usual dances. Dancing is fine; truth, apparently, is not.

The crime itself is stupid, the tactic questionable at best (it's horrible, really), and the result - nearly useless, at least in terms of what happened to 209 of the 277 and the supposed benefit to society. More theatre, at least primarily. I detest such useless, unrealistic, crap, when we're talking about consenting adults, not kids or slaves or shipping containers, etc.
It’s less than 3 weeks before most parts of the country have elections. It’s a stupid tactic to get a tough on crime front page news headline for incumbents.

Houston just had the same thing on the north side (1960 and I-45).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Lives have been ruined needlessly simply because the government thinks their place is between two copulating people if money is involved.

You don't have to sell it on the street to be a whore. Prostitution comes in many forms.

Everyone needs to mind their own business. I'm familiar with all the arguments against legalized prostitution. I'm not convinced. These things are going to happen- every minute of every day- whether or not they are legal acts.
The hypocrisy of those who made these laws is not surprising.

The only reason it's not legal is because the government hasn't figured out how to tax it yet....

/sarcasm off

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Cheaper than getting married

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I once heard Tom Leykis say he does not pay prostitutes for sex. He pays them to leave afterwards. That made me lol.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
If this busted any kind of sex slave operation, then good for them.

quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
The Polk County Sheriff's Office ran a human trafficking ... sting operation...

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post