SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My house was burglarized!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My house was burglarized! Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear about this. How is your wife handling it? I hope the safe issue is resolved.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do these dumbasses always destroy the keypad or dial ? Do they really think that's going to open it ?

Posts: 4057 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Why do these dumbasses always destroy the keypad or dial ? Do they really think that's going to open it ?

"dumb asses"- Answered your own question!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Who da-fuk steals used paint?!? Eek

People who have killed most of their brain cells by ~ well, sniffing paint Wink

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased a Cabela’s branded safe about the sane time and it is indeed a Liberty.

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 1107 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Garret Blaine:
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Sorry to hear about your break-in. This is getting worse and worse as drugs continue to permeate our country and the courts continue to just slap hands.

Lack of punishment is condoning this behavior.

And there not keeping them in jail for property crimes due to “Covid”.

Do you own a shovel?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4578 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

"dumb asses"- Answered your own question!

And I am thankful for it. Anyone with more than about 2 brain cells knows that these things are not that hard to get into if done properly and you don’t care about rendering the thing useless. Breaking off the handle and keypad are much better than the alternative.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Who da-fuk steals used paint?!? Eek

Sorry to hear you crossed paths with a scumbag!

The color went nicely with his kitchen curtains.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Save some of the piss water for the cops to check for DNA.

He'll serve his sentence before the lab returns the results.

Unfortunately many are plea bargained down to something so low time inside is little to none.

Used TV's.? We never had anyone take a TV. Back then they were too heavy and bulky. But little value, especially today.

Sounds like this guy was under the influence of some "mood altering chemicals".

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
We are so fortunate that 90+% are so damn stupid...

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
Thought I would update this and I want to give a special thanks to A1 for his assistance in answering my questions, helping identify the safe, and getting me pointed in the right direction.

Turns out I was wrong and forgot where I purchased this safe. It was Bass Pro branded and manufactured by Pro Steel. I did not file a homeowners claim as the total loss was less than the deductible so I worked through Pro Steel on their warranty. Had to answer a few basic questions and they had someone out in just a couple of days to drill the safe open for access. Took a fair bit more info, including police report and letter from insurance stating that they were not covering the safe, but today I received word that Pro Steel approved a warranty replacement. In a few weeks I will have a replacement safe delivered.

Obviously I wish this would of never happened and I’m still pissed off about it but I can’t say enough good things about ProSteel and how good they have been to work with.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the update. It seems to have turned out about as well as it could for a crappy situation.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
All’s well ends well. Stupidity will never prevail.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:

Obviously I wish this would of never happened and I’m still pissed off about it but I can’t say enough good things about ProSteel and how good they have been to work with.

They get a lot of goodwill out of being stand up guys. And then Para gives them even more by providing this forum where a whole bunch of gun guys can read it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:

They get a lot of goodwill out of being stand up guys. And then Para gives them even more by providing this forum where a whole bunch of gun guys can read it.

You are 100% correct as I am in the market for another safe. Reading this post is solid, solid, marketing.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this happened to you.

As a cop for 24 years (including 4 years as a property crimes detective) I have seen the results of this crap too many times. I have also been a victim of home burglary several times (usually while I was out working as a cop). It truly sucks to come home and find that someone has torn up your house and ripped off your stuff.

Very seldom is anything recovered. Very seldom is anyone arrested or charged. Very seldom is anyone convicted, and even when that happens there is seldom any restitution paid.

Good insurance policy and a good insurance agent are your best protections. You will never recover full value, but hopefully it will take the worst of the pain away.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
We went through something similar in 2015, except we had about $20,000 damages to the house... Flippin crooks, they were never caught...........

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Keep in touch with the probation office. That may get him more punishment than the new charges.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Why do we even buy insurance? It seems every time there's a thread like this, somebody familiar with the industry says not to file because you will be punished. I can think of no other industry that discourages the use of their product more. I'm not talking about fraud, but a legitimate loss, and then the so-called claim is not worth filing. It's bull.

Even someone who formerly used to work in the industry is reluctant to name names. Are they the mafia? Will they somehow blacklist you and make you pay higher rates for giving away the secrets of Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers?

Sorry about the mini-rant, but I wish insurance would be there for you when you need it. They are excellent at accepting premiums and investing those premiums, but they suck at paying claims. Even when I had a major claim (house fire), they worked very hard to shave the benefit as much as possible, making it very difficult for me to receive the full benefits for which I paid. >>>>>>Allstate<<<<<< For example, my policy had 12 months of lost rent. "Well, did you rebuild the property immediately?" Um, it took more than six months to get a contractor lined up and get permits. "Well, here's your check for six months of lost rent. Get lost." Also, they gave me the stink-eye the whole time as if I had set the fire myself, until their inspector told them otherwise.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a situation where an insurance company was treating me like shit over something clearly not my fault and 100% the other parties fault.
I sued them. As soon as they received notice of the filing, they were all over me with a proper settlement offer.
My attorney explained why. He said that everybody hates the insurance industry and judges and juries often get to punish them when a suit get filed.
The industry counts on people accepting low ball settlements.
FYI: My Ex is a very successful insurance agent. Gives me a little insight into the industry.
I hope you get a new and fully paid for safe!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post