SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Beer Can Collections
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beer Can Collections Login/Join 
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted
I had a collection when I was a kid like a lot of kids in the 70's did. It wasn't a big collection but had soe pretty cool cans. I remember we used to bik over to the local forest preserve where the hippies used to hang out and look for different cans.

Fast forward 40 years and for some odd reason, a portion of my collection has followed me through a bunch of moves.

Now we are cleaning the clutter out of the basement and came across my box of beer cans.

I don't know. I think it might be time to part ways with them.I don't think there is any real value here but haven't checked.

Has anyone else held on to their beer can collection of childhoods past?

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I haven't but a friend had about 20x that amount and toted them from duty station to duty station.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
Where’s the Billy Beer? Big Grin

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
No Blatz?

At Mothers house there is a untapped stubby Oly bottle. Been there for years.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine had a whole bunch he collected as a kid. Recycling was his task for collecting allowance and he thought collecting interesting and unique beer cans was fun. By time he was preparing to go to college, he took the can collection and was able to sell to a local bar, which took them and lined the wall. Today, if you're ever in Ketchum, Idaho, you can see the collection at Grumpy's.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hudepohl! My old man was a Hudy drinker. When he was bowling, he would send me to the bar for a Hudy. And they gave it to me!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Take the time to research the collection value of each can. Go to a meeting of an homebrew club in your area. Some folks really have nostalgia for former days.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Take the time to research the collection value of each can. Go to a meeting of an homebrew club in your area. Some folks really have nostalgia for former days.

Completed auctions on fleabay are a good reference

Also try here ......
https://artsbeercans.com/are-my-can-valuable/

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:
Where’s the Billy Beer? Big Grin
My beer can collection consisted of one can of Billy Beer I got in college. I thought it might be valuable someday. Today it's worth about 25 cents.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post