SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One Idiot Kills a Pedestrian
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One Idiot Kills a Pedestrian Login/Join 
Picture of dlc444
posted
Bayshore Boulevard in Tampa is one of the most scenic drives in the area. Last year, two idiot kids were racing and one lost control and killed a mother and infant. At that point, the speed limit was reduced from 45 to 35 which was totally unnecessary. Idiots will break the law and speed limit

Today, one of the few things we are allowed is exercise, socially distanced of course.

A few idiots decided to race down Bayshore on motorcycles, one [allegedly] on one wheel when he collided with a pedestrian in a crosswalk. I know the family, if not the bicyclist who was killed.

I could care less that the motorcyclist was killed. He should have just run into a wall and saved another family the loss.

https://www.fox13news.com/news...ide-on-bayshore-blvd

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
That sucks.

I fell in love with a girl (13-14) who lived on Bayshore Blvd. I was 13 or so too, you degenerates.

Man that brings back memories.

I remember some clown used to blaze down our road( Oakleaf ave) in a big green muscle car..every day. Dad had come home early and witnessed said asshole, asked us kids and we told him it was an everyday thing....next day dad put a half a concrete block in a rubber trash can. Tossed it out in front of the guy as he was blazing south, he swerved and hit a tree in a neighbors yard. When the cops got there I heard one of them asking my dad about the drivers face...dad said it musta been from hitting the steering wheel...us kids knew better.

I learned there are a lotta assholes driving, and they don’t care about you at all.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
What a waste of life. Fucking asshole. Should have been doing that shit in the parking lot at one of the many empty businesses that we have now.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What an absolute waste. It’s a difficult balance, protecting the public from stupid people but not letting stupid people ruin nice things.

Posts: 994 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That’s horrible. Of course the piece of garbage that caused it dies, I’m sorry about your friends loss.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
This is why I have NO issues with hammering such drivers with huge fines. If they want to drive fast, let them rent track time. Oh wait, that costs money. And in this scenario? Speed limit signs don't impress idiots like this; massive fines and jail time do. If they aren't killed by their own negligent behavior, that is.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Tragic.But what was the bicyclist doing in a crosswalk? I'm confused.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tragic.But what was the bicyclist doing in a crosswalk? I'm confused.
Crossing the street?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
There are some pictures of the crosswalk in the linked article. The road is a boulevard with trees and other vegetation in the median. I could see how a bicyclist riding through the crosswalk wouldn't see what was coming down the road. I wonder how the bicyclist didn't hear what was coming either, ear buds perhaps?

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very sad

walk / run / bike on Bayshore several times per week

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post