SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Happy Little errr....Yard Swing!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Happy Little errr....Yard Swing! Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
In honor of Sig Monkey and his Happy Little TIRE swing, I wanted to start a thread showing your swings.

I dug the post holes last year! I finally got around to completing it over the past few days.
4"x6" pressure treated uprights, 3' deep, pressure treated cross braces, and today's purchase, 5' Amish made swing. Probably $320 in materials, the swing was $230, but exceptionally well made.

I had to do some adjusting, on the chain , originally the seat was too upright, reclined it back one chain length, and its perfect. I love sitting out on it in the evenings, looking across to the open fields. Just a simple swing, what more could you want? A tire?

Post your swings,tire swings, porch swings or gliders.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I like it.
Nice big yard too.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Nice, now for the fire pit directly in front of it.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Nice, now for the fire pit directly in front of it.

And some pavers, to keep the mud down when you wear the grass out!

Thats pretty cool sir, I have something similar on my to do list.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

K...no wait...

What?!?

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I was going to post that my BP dropper 15 point just looking at that swing, but by the time I got past jhe's post it was back up.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it's funny or frightening??

Posts: 169 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can I borrow that for the weekend?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Eek

Someone just had to go there Big Grin

quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
That's how I like to relax.
I'll let you all decide to which pic I am referring Wink

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
It does put an interesting perspective on JHE's interest in enslaving Scarlett Johansson. Not that there is anything wrong with that. As long as I get pictures. Of Scarlett Johansson, not JHE, of course.

quote:
Originally posted by jhe888 in Unlimited Funds thread:
I would enslave Scarlett Johansson.

quote:

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
The leather one is bolted into the concrete... wow just wow.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedprof:
The leather one is bolted into the concrete... wow just wow.

But there are no cross supports, and the corners look like they are held together with tension screws. Structurally, it doesn't look that sturdy to me.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'm quite sure that this is not the direction the OP wanted the thread to go, but I have to say that I laughed my ass off JHE. Nice work.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
is there electricity?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
This made my day!

hahahahaha
quote:

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

confused.. how do you work this??

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
couple of humming bird feeders on the ends and you are all set for a peaceful look at life on the easy side

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
couple of humming bird feeders on the ends and you are all set for a peaceful look at life on the easy side

Bendable, which picture?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post