SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Art Bell Dead at 72
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Art Bell Dead at 72 Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
RIP.....loved the show when I worked nights.....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
enjoyed his show during many long drives at night.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
C2C has changed under Noory from what Bell offered. Despite Noory saying he's impartial many guests spout left wing crap. There's been an increase in number of commercials and worse many guests are nothing but infomercials for their products under the guise of advice. Frown Eek

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Well, that is not a good thing since my 92 y.o. mother listened to him every night until the wee hours. Since my dad passed she has become the night owl and now listens to Norry but he never did really replace Art. At least Art knows what is on the other side now.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Listened to him all the time. Would turn the radio on and listen until I fell asleep. RIP Art Bell.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
C2C has changed under Noory from what Bell offered. Despite Noory saying he's impartial many guests spout left wing crap. There's been an increase in number of commercials and worse many guests are nothing but infomercials for their products under the guise of advice. Frown Eek

You have noticed that as well. Thought it was just me thinking that. Is that the problem Art had with him that you referred to in a previous post?

I do like George Knap when he fills in for Noory.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

You have noticed that as well. Thought it was just me thinking that. Is that the problem Art had with him that you referred to in a previous post?

I do like George Knap when he fills in for Noory.

I think Bell hated the Los Angeles / West Coast scene which is why he maintained so much personal control and stayed away from there. He couldn't understand Noory moving to LA from St Louis so early in the game. Ended up that almost all of Art's old crew was replaced by people from the outfit that owned the syndication rights in LA. Their studios became Noory's too. And we've seen the "shift" in what C2C is / has become.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Did the Shadow People get to him?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
The introduction of live use of the then-new internet access while on-air was something I had never seen, and was suitably impressed with the skills-of-interview that Art demonstrated.

Regardless of the individual, most of the time I believed the process of the interview was essentially neutral, giving good questions and minimal personal comments. Good technique even with wildly crazed callers.

I don't care for much of the material Noory has adopted, and simply can not tolerate the excessive advertising. Still, Noory has moved into a spot of his own in the pantheon of midnight talk show hosts.

RIP Art. Wonder where "Art's Parts" reside now?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post