SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A boy and his dog - patiently waiting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A boy and his dog - patiently waiting Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Gunner hates it when his boy has work to do. He kept jumping in his lap, so the boy put a chair next to him and Gunner hopped up and started waiting...

He was pretty patient, but finally got tired and had to rest:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Fabulous photos and a fabulous dog.

And I opened this expecting to wander into ""Well I'd say she certainly had marvelous judgement, Albert, if not particularly good taste,"" LINK

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If that ain't a Norman Rockewell moment... Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I love it! Nothing beats the love a dog has for his Hoomans.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Great stuff!!!

Thanks for posting

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

I can see that, just the way it appears, (with the jar moved away) as a Rockwell painting. Wonderful moment, Bama, captured perfectly.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Smart dogs. Maybe he had the answer to the question he was working on. Smile

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:

I can see that, just the way it appears, (with the jar moved away) as a Rockwell painting. Wonderful moment, Bama, captured perfectly.

Thanks guys...Sometimes subject matter can overcome a bad operator! Big Grin

I was in the other room shooting through a doorway with an iPhone camera...Trying not to draw attention to myself or disturb the scene.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BamaJeepster,

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Good dog!

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Those are great, intelligent dogs.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Ha! That is awesome, thanks for sharing.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

To be frank, you are in error. That is at best a spelling issue. It has naught to do with grammar.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
quote:

To be frank, you are in error. That is at best a spelling issue. It has naught to do with grammar.

Of course. Just for you. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Russian's hacked my post.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
quote:

Well, technically there is a grammar error: "ain't" is the contraction for "am not" and is only correct when used with the First Person Singular. "I ain't" is correct, but "it ain't" isn't.

BTW, I like the mug. Where can I get one?

flashguy
(Resident Grammar NAZI)

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Back on topic, I have several cats who will come to where I'm working on the computer and will sit beside me while I work. One of them often just takes a position at my feet.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pictures! Good dog. . .

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
thank you for this sweet post. You are blessed.

Posts: 11383 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During those days when I get to work from home my bird dog lays at my feet with his head on my shoes. He know should he nap any movement on part will wake him.

His hope then I will go outside with him.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post