SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who is Jacksonville's back up Qb?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is Jacksonville's back up Qb? Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

Damn, I'm an Eagles fan, but their hopes for a run at the Super Bowl will end this weekend with Foles at QB.

I am too. We'll see, but you are probably right.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only thing that saved the Jaguars was a few good runs by Bortles and their defense.

and tyrod taylor

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
quote:
The only thing that saved the Jaguars was a few good runs by Bortles and their defense.

and tyrod taylor

And Calais Campbell.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:

He may be on the team next year if we draft a QB in order to give the rookie time to get ready but if we find one in FA he is gone.

Alex Smith?
That would make things interesting if the Jags got a decent QB like Alex Smith. Good chance KC let’s him go.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
quote:
quote:

He may be on the team next year if we draft a QB in order to give the rookie time to get ready but if we find one in FA he is gone.

Alex Smith?
That would make things interesting if the Jags got a decent QB like Alex Smith. Good chance KC let’s him go.

Yeah, that seems to be the talk of the town now but something tells me the Chiefs won't pony up the bucks for a top tier QB, so I'm not sure how it will all play out.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
That is some defense though.

Yeah, the quality of play from Buffalo would make any defense look great...

That game just plain sucked.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
There was a 3 game stretch (week 14,15,16 I think) where Bortles was one of or the top rated QB in the NFL,and all the sports analysts were singing his praises. I had him on my fantasy team during this run and it helped me win it all (having Told Gurley helped as well)

Buffalo did a hell of a job against the run. Jax is the top rated rush team in the NFL.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
NFL is, well, terrible.
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:
Who cares?
Aw, come on guys. Truthfully, I really don't give a rat's ass about NFL football, but OP started a thread about something that interests him. If you don't care, why come into his thread and post negative comments? That shit really isn't necessary.

I know, it was such a harsh, painful, irate 6 whole words by two members.

The horror, the inhumanity! I hope no kneeling snowflakes melted under our outlandish tirades, it was just awful. Razz

Just a reminder of how the boss feels on this topic. From the NFL thread.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I’ve been a Cowboys fan for 37 years and I’ll continue to watch them.
This is a good time for me to let you guys know that those members who continue to support the NFL are welcome to continue having discussions about the game without any interference from members who oppose the NFL.

If you have any questions about this, please ask now. We're not going to eat our own over this. We will agree to disagree and all will be well.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
No Rhi. Your shit is old in just about every thread is all. That is the horror. You are just a negative bitch.

Do me a favor. Stay out any threads I start with this crap, k.
Somebody pissed on his Wheaties this morning. Just like every other morning.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Alex Smith?

The blueprint for beating the Jaguars is pretty well known now. The Bills followed it and it almost worked for them.

Sellout to stop the run and make Bortles throw the ball. He was able to do it during Dec but not consistently during the rest of the season. If the good Blake had not shown up on the 4 & goal to make the TD throw then it would have been a different ending.

The expectation is that the Jags will go after a veteran QB in order to win now rather then take the time to develop a rookie. Smith, Cousins, Even Eli's name get thrown around.

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Chad Henne.

Well, he sucked at Miami, which means he should do great at Jax!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Bortles is streaky with his arm. Good thing he used his legs as well as he did.

Pittsburg needs the Bills gameplan - stop Jags running, (Fournette), make Bortles throw and hope that Rothlisburger can find someone in the end zone.
I don't see a repeat of week 5, Jags 30 - Pitt 9. Big Ben threw for over 300 yds w/o a TD and had 2 picks.
The entire offense was the kickers leg.

I don't think the Steelers are going to have as much of a problem as Buffalo did.
As much as I love the Jags defensive line, I can't see them keeping up with the scoring that the Steelers can put out if they keep their heads in the right place. (stupid penalties)

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Jax won't get past Pittsburgh no matter who's at QB. And Tennessee will be embarrassed by the Pats. The only thing that might make the NE/Tennessee game close is if it's still frigid cold on game day (is the Pats' stadium domed?).

Minnesota will beat both New Orleans and whoever wins the Atlanta/Philly game. Interesting that the super bowl would then be literally a home game for the Vikings. Has that ever happened before, I wonder? New England will win the SB with another 2nd half rally, unless the Vikings break Brady's collar bone with another dirty hit.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:

Pittsburg needs the Bills gameplan - stop Jags running, (Fournette), make Bortles throw and hope that Rothlisburger can find someone in the end zone.
I don't see a repeat of week 5, Jags 30 - Pitt 9. Big Ben threw for over 300 yds w/o a TD and had 2 picks.

It was 5 picks.

and you are right, it will not be repeat of the first game. I don't see the Jags getting past Pitt. Big Ben said last week that he wanted us to win so he can get some payback for embarrassing him.

Unless the defense has a big day and puts up points they won't be able to outscore Pitt.

I do think that the ass whooping they plan on laying down on the Jags will get them pumped up to play NE.

But, If they cannot stop the Jags from running the ball then all bets are off.

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was 5 picks.

DOH!
You're right, I misread the stat.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Be glad your hopes aren't riding on Nick Foles.

Damn, I'm an Eagles fan, but their hopes for a run at the Super Bowl will end this weekend with Foles at QB.

Actually their Super Bowl hopes ended the day Carson Wentz was injured. Smile My ex is from Philly so I follow Eagles football a little.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Be glad your hopes aren't riding on Nick Foles.

Actually their Super Bowl hopes ended the day Carson Wentz was injured. Smile My ex is from Philly so I follow Eagles football a little.

At least you can look forward to Wentz retuning, Bortles is our A team.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Although I've watched NO NFL this year, as a Steelers fan in Philly, I'd actually love to have an all-PA Super Bowl.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Although I've watched NO NFL this year, as a Steelers fan in Philly, I'd actually love to have an all-PA Super Bowl.

Had Wentz not gotten hurt, you may very well have had just that.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Jax won't get past Pittsburgh no matter who's at QB. And Tennessee will be embarrassed by the Pats. The only thing that might make the NE/Tennessee game close is if it's still frigid cold on game day (is the Pats' stadium domed?).

Minnesota will beat both New Orleans and whoever wins the Atlanta/Philly game. Interesting that the super bowl would then be literally a home game for the Vikings. Has that ever happened before, I wonder? New England will win the SB with another 2nd half rally, unless the Vikings break Brady's collar bone with another dirty hit.

If the weather is frigid in New England, Tennessee will be at the disadvantage - just ask Peyton Manning. No dome in New England - real football.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post